thread: What do you resent spending money on?

Jul 2006
    Cloud nine :D

Child care - i know I have to pay it in oreder to work, but i really resent having to work now to pay for it, because it's so high! agh!

Jun 2010
    District Twelve

Stephanie Rice going to the Olympics.

Mar 2004
    Sparta

I would have thought you would be more resentful about the money spent on bringing her back home

Oct 2005
    North Queensland

Rent.

Jun 2010
    District Twelve

I would have thought you would be more resentful about the money spent on bringing her back home
    Touché!

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Mar 2008
    Vic

I'm about to start paying water rates on a property that is only tank water. Water company says it's for drainage but there are no gutters and no drainage in any of the streets and all property drainage isn't done by them. Talk about money for nothing.

Also hate council rates and tolls.

Add Butterfly Dawn on Facebook

Aug 2008
    Climbing Mt foldmore

Bellybelly, ask an assistant to go pay your meter when at hairdresser.
    Daintree, my hubby is a fussy sock person too! so I don't buy any for him now.
    I love shopping but hate shopping for myself here. Can't get nice shoes or clothes that fit

Sorry if it doesn't make sense, the barefoot princess is covering me with kisses

Jan 2009
    In my own little fantasy world

Buying a nice pair of shorts & a hat for DS for his birthday only for my mother to buy him 7 pairs of shorts a week before his birthday and a hat a few weeks after and of course DS prefers hers Never mind that he already had over 20 pairs of shorts. (I was buying him next size up for when he eventually grows but my mother bought some in the right size & some too small). He now has over 30 pairs of shorts

Add TeniBear on Facebook Follow TeniBear On Twitter

Oct 2009
    Lalor, VIC

I don't pay it myself, but I really resent DH having to pay back this debt he's got which is stopping us from getting any kind of loan for a long time I *need* a new car!

Rent is another I don't pay personally but resent. If only it was going towards actually buying the house...

Oh, and the rego on my car, which we paid a week before it gave up on me and has sat dormant ever since. That'll be due again soon.

----------------------------------
    So, it has come to this.

Dec 2008

Petrol and tax are my two, I don't think they need an explanation.

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Apr 2010
    In the mad house at loopy land

Jellyfish exact same problem stupid medicare we updated our card when dd was born and somehow the car card now has ds2 name wrong there sod up but i was told i must bring in his birth crt to proove the mistake. Ummm hello it was correct on the old card and YOU changed it without the crt so WHY must i bring it in to change it back!

Oh and i hate paying for socks

pls excuse the spelling mistakes on my galaxcy

Nov 2007
    Earth

Teni, if you take the plates back, you get the pro rata amount back. You'll probably hate me for saying that

I resent paying our personal loan payment at the moment. It's supposed to be covered by insurance, only insurance have fought me every inch of the way when I tried to make a claim. Now it's with the ombudsman, and it WILL be refunded to us, but $500 a month would really come in handy for things like paying other bills and buying food!

Add Little Chicken on Facebook

Mar 2010
    Melbourne

Is the car at all fixable or likely to be? If so, do not let the rego expire, or the car will have to be checked by vicroads for road worthiness and you know how expensive that can be.

Add TeniBear on Facebook Follow TeniBear On Twitter

Oct 2009
    Lalor, VIC

Is the car at all fixable or likely to be? If so, do not let the rego expire, or the car will have to be checked by vicroads for road worthiness and you know how expensive that can be.
    Potentially fixable, yeah. We need to get the money up to fix it though *sigh* The mechanic who did repairs the past few years is hopeless but was a friend of my dad's. I'll trust someone else next time!

----------------------------------
    So, it has come to this.

Apr 2008

Toll roads that I am forced to use because they have closed lanes on other roads or closed roads that are free altogether!

I also hate being charged a fee for a paper bill!

Jun 2009
    in the Capital

Spending money (and time) on self-absorbed, moody teenagers

Oct 2004
    In my Zombie proof fortress.

Hair ties, hair bands for the girls. They seem to think they are disposable.

Rates - normally not a problem, but my council does nothing for us. The closed the recycling centre, closed our tip. We do not use them for anything else, the main roads we use are looked after by Vic Roads, not them. All services we use are provided by the adjoining council, I would much rather some of my rates go to them.

Administrator
    Add Rouge on Facebook

Jun 2003
    Ubiquity

Herbs. Ridiculous. I wish I had a green thumb.