Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bathroom tiles

Default Bathroom tiles

We are renovating our bathrooms. I have no idea where to source tiles or what to buy, colour wise. Can anyone recommend a place for tiles for bathroom? Or somewhere I can look at colours?

Also do they sell one or two tiles? Or can you take samples home, like with carpet?

Help out this renovating noobie

Default Re: Bathroom tiles

Oh this takes me back We wanted the same tile throughout the entire house when we were renovating so had lots to consider! You will get lots of inspiration once you start looking, we ended up going through Tile Mart. I'm not sure if they sell one or two tiles but I do know that you certainly can take tiles home. Have fun!

You can buy one tile - not sure about samples, don't think so. I have actually just bought floating vinyl planks for my bathroom, which are like the laminate floating flooring, however totally waterproof. My house moves too much for tiles to work well.....something to also consider.

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

Do you have national tiles down there? They give you one for free

Just asked my husband and he said they actually lent us about 5 or 6 tiles. So we could spread them out and get a better idea of how it would look

Default Bathroom tiles

We went to Beaumont when we built. I think they were over Dandenong way by memory but they had an impressive range and often have decent specials. My aunt and uncle used them too, bought in bulk on special and Beaumont stored them on site until they needed them. They also sold single sample sized tiles.

We went to Keith Fagg and bought one but when we went to order them they couldn't get what we wanted so we went to Romano's. They were really helpful.
    Another place to look is Johnson Tiles and they are having a sale at the moment. I didn't know about them until after we had started.
    Another thing to start looking for is your accessories. It takes awhile to get the vanity in if they don't have one in stock.
    I wanted a special shelf/soap holder that took ages to find as it was the same length as the tile.

At Beaumont Tiles they have computers so you can apply the tiles you like to sample bathrooms, just to get an idea. Most tile shops will give you a sample of the tile/s you're interested in, unless they are very exxy, which feature tiles can tend to be. Classic white tiles with a feature in the shower/near the vanity is always a good option

We went to Western Distributors in North Sunshine. 230-240 McIntyre Rd. They were great, we got sample tiles and good prices.

Second the issue of getting in other fixtures etc, we had to wait over 3 months for the sinks I wanted.

Thanks, I hadn't thought about wait times on other fittings. We went to Reece last weekend for some ideas and got totally ignored so we don't want to use them. Where else for bathroom fittings??

Default Bathroom tiles

Are you talking taps and things or towel rails, toilet roll holders etc. for the latter, we got ours from Freedom at Northland. They had a modern range. Schotts in Clifton Hill if you want antique things, but they 're pricey.

For taps and plumbing DH is saying Masters has a good range in South Morang (or Bunnings for that matter).
    Last edited by Miss.September; February 3rd, 2014 at 07:38 PM.

Thanks MissS (nice username by the way ) - I mean all of it really. I assume our plumber friend will supply the plumbing stuff (everything underground maybe is sort of what I mean) so we needs taps, vanities, sinks, toilets, everything.

You're making me want to come and shop with you lol. I love this stuff.

Have a look at Tradelink on Sherbourne Rd too, they focus on bathroom renos there. It's been a while since I've been in there though.

Ooh I'd love that MissS!! We will talk. It's just too hard to go on the weekends with DH and the three minions, so during the week might work better, I'd love a second opinion. DH doesn't care really

We got our fittings from Tradelink & Reece.

For our shower we got one with a hose and are really loving it.

We have gone for a larger vanity to fill in the large gap that was either side of the last vanity, then the builder made a small hob to fill what small space was left. The shower tap is a pull out one and so easy turn on. You hardly have to adjust the temperature so is easy for the kids to turn on.

go to Yeomans opposite bunnings in eltham- they are the BEST and will lend you tile samples to try!!!
    Also they have a list of reputable tradies in the area that they recommend!!
    We did our bathroom when i was pg with boof and went to every tile place in the area- they were the most helpful and best priced
    btw we were also igronred at reece - they are shocking.

When we did our bathrooms up, we went plain white tiles (which gave us lots of choices of brands and therefore price) and fixtures and splurged a little on feature tiles. We were able to get samples of them all. Fittings were all SS. We got a few brochures for tap ware etc, found what we liked, then compared prices across brands and shops (as different brands will still have similar styles). Buying everything together sometimes got us a better discount, so even if one place had the toilet and sink cheaper, get a quote for the lot together to see what they'll do for a package deal.

I'd go to as many different places as you can to get ideas, including Bunnings and Masters. Display homes are also awesome for getting ideas

I loved choosing new bathroom stuff!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast