Thread: Free standing baths...

Default Free standing baths...

Hey

Currently building a new house and am debating getting a free standing bath for the bathroom but am wanting to know everyone's thoughts on cleaning around it? Does anyone have one? How do you find it?

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Free standing baths...

When we had ours done that was a thought but the thought of trying to clean under it put a stop to any further ideas.
    It is amazing the amount of dust etc that collects in the bathroom so you would need to be able to clean the floor and under the bath easily.
    I think if your room is huge, it would be fabulous having a free standing bath and to top of off, you had a great view while sitting there relaxing ��

I am in the process on designing my dream bathroom, and I am also looking at a freestanding bath, my eldest DD already has one picked out, which she has tested out in the hardware shop for size! LOL! I have other friends that have them and they just use the vacuum hose for the dust in the corners around the bath and the have a small mop for use around the bath as well, it works well. I am hoping that it all works out ok for us.....let me know what you decide!!

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

We are just putting in a restored cast iron one at the moment. Can't wait!
    Friends have said it's pretty easy to get your mop under and clean

We put one in our old place, loved it. It was a claw foot and looked so beautiful! Easy as to get the mop under.

DH is currently vetoing the idea :roll eyes:

He is concerned about splashing, storage (i.e. with an inbuilt bath you have the end of the bath to put toiletries etc) and cleaning. I have addressed all these issues but he is still not 100% on board. I think I may have to compromise cause the other thing I would like in the house is the invisible cistern toilets and as we will have 3 it may come down to the bath or the toilets!

That's a shame free standing baths look so nice! But i know what he means about storage, friends of mine got a nice one off ebay and would be cheaper than a fixed one with all the extra tiling?! Also we are adding a floating shelf for those items that would've sat at the end of your tub.