Thread: Swimming pool qn

Default Swimming pool qn

So technically this doesn't involve renovating but I couldn't find a suitable area.

We had our pool put in 3 years ago. It's salt water fiberglass.

Hubby just told me he can feel a tingly sensation in an open cut he has when he is in the water. It's like sometimes when your in your shower and you can feel a tingly sensation if you've got a cut on your finger or something.

Is this a major electrical risk? Who do I call to find out? I've never heard of this problem.

Default Re: Swimming pool qn

If the cut is tingling, could it be because it's a salt water pool? eg: I know if I've had a cut and gone to the beach, the salt water makes it tingle/sting

I can't imagine a tingly cut when you are in a salt water pool, has anything to do with electricity.... If it was electricity, you would feel it in other places not just the cut....

It would be the salt water in the wound.

I'm pretty sure if there was a problem with electricity you'd get electrocuted as soon as you entered the water.

Hmm... What you are saying sounds right to me. However, he reckons he's felt it before. He said you can't feel it when your whole body is in but if he is laying on the pavers and puts only his hand in he feels the sensation on his fingers.

Sounds odd to me but it is worrying me slightly.

I just googled, it appears to be a common problem. You should probably have it checked out.

our pond has a slight electrical current. I know dh was looking into it. will ask him what he found.

Do I call an electrician or a pool guy?
    Would love to hear from your hubby re: the pond.