Thread: Wicker or Rattan outdoor furniture - do you have it??

Default Wicker or Rattan outdoor furniture - do you have it??

We have almost completed out huge outdoor decked area and we will need to furnish it soon, we want to have an outdoor table and an outdoor lounge.

I really love the look of the outdoor wicker or rattan furniture.

I am wondering if anyone out there in BB land has it and if you can tell me what you think, pros and cons, brands etc.

What did you wish you knew/checked before you brought it.

Thanks

Hi Salad,

Ive got a plastic wicker outdoor setting, its cost us $2k but its really nice and has a matching outdoor lounge that goes with it.

PM me if you want and I can give you the link with pics of it.

PROS - Its a 10 seater so you can entertain lots of people and its very funky

CONS - The glass on top is one large piece so you need to be careful if you move it. You also need to make sure the cushions are in the shade or you take them inside when you arent using them or they fade.

Aim x

Thanks Aim, I would love to the link if thats ok. Sounds like what I am looking for. Our area will be completely undercover so wont have to worry about the fade, just the dogs lol. I am sure they will think its for them.

Default Wicker or Rattan outdoor furniture - do you have it??

Also be aware there is a weight limit on them.

I have a mix we have wicker chairs but the table is an aluminum base with a wooden top. I know that doesnt like it would look good but put together it looks amazing. If I knew how to post a photo I would. When we set out to buy a new outdoor table I had my heart set on wicker but DH didn't like it so it took a lot to convince him and we went to every outdoor shop we could find looking. I found the prices varied dramatically from store to store. We ended up buying ours from Seagals and it was 1100 for an 8 seater. The pros and cons we found were

Pros- wicker is easy to clean, it looks amazing and I find it very comfortable.

Cons- spiders love to make nests under wicker furniture but as per the pro it is easy to clean
    Glass table tops can scratch so if you get a glass table top make sure you go to Clark Rubber ( or a similar place) and you can get plastic contact to go over the top to protect it. I do get a bit concerned when my nieces are over as they love to climb and I worry that they will break it but so far so good

Cool Re: Wicker or Rattan outdoor furniture - do you have it??

Quote Originally Posted by Salad View Post
    We have almost completed out huge outdoor decked area and we will need to furnish it soon, we want to have an outdoor table and an outdoor lounge.

I really love the look of the outdoor wicker or rattan furniture.

I am wondering if anyone out there in BB land has it and if you can tell me what you think, pros and cons, brands etc.

What did you wish you knew/checked before you brought it.

Thanks
    There are so many weaving pattern apply in outdoor patio wicker or rattan goods,
    check it here Rattan Wicker Basket Manufacturer | Rattan Home Decor
    I think you need to knew what theme do you planning to bring on your outdoor lounge first before decide which pattern you would prefer. Well it is about detail but pretty important I think. I got some tips to get super cheap rattan wicker product, if there are some rattan wicker manufacturer exhibition around you come on the last day, find manufacturers that comes from different country they probably do not want to bring back their stuff after the exhibition thus they probably will let it go in very cheap price. Moreover, some branded rattan or wicker product also crafted from them so you don't need to bother the quality it is already excellent stereotypely.

Default Re: Wicker or Rattan outdoor furniture - do you have it??

how did you go Salad?