Thread: List of things to prepare for a homebirth

Default List of things to prepare for a homebirth

I am starting to put together my list and thought it would be good if we could have a thread with people's lists for others to refer to. WOuld love to see your list.

Wow amazing list Julie..

Most of my stuff was on that list, i had silk thread for tying off the cord, lots of towels and 2 dozen terry flats, a heavy tarp for the floor under the pool and a couple of very thin plastic dust sheets from the DIY section of the $2store to go on the couch, an old ice cream tub for the placenta (i also had foil and a freezer box in the kitchen in an easy place and my MW made little placenta pills for me). A pair of BIG comfy undies and some black bamboo fold ups i made to use rather than sposie pads, the blanket i wanted popped over baby on my chest o had slept with for a couple of nights so it was soft and smelled of me.

I'm sure i'll think of more...

(Julie i noticed you recommend Lucas Pawpaw, did you know that brand is petroleum jelly based.. there are a coupl of other brands that are petro-chemical free)

Quote Originally Posted by Ambersky View Post

(Julie i noticed you recommend Lucas Pawpaw, did you know that brand is petroleum jelly based.. there are a coupl of other brands that are petro-chemical free)
    There is nothing but pawpaw listed on the ingredients of the tube I have here?????

I did not know that, Ambersky - it only says paw paw and a tiny bit of preservative on the tube. What brand do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by ausgirl View Post
    There is nothing but pawpaw listed on the ingredients of the tube I have here?????
    They dont have to list the ingredients for this type of product unfortunatly

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Doula View Post
    I did not know that, Ambersky - it only says paw paw and a tiny bit of preservative on the tube. What brand do you recommend?
    Dont know if i can link but on the AU site organicsaustraliaonline there is a section for paw paw they state lucas is petro based in the product description and sell a couple of others.. i use Phytocare.

Sorry for the hijack!

I just got some Phytocare paw paw cream yesterday. Yep you're right - the others have petros in them.