Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Homebirth General Discussion #16

Lol, morse code! Bahaha! Oh dear!

Arimeh. You CAN do it. Your body knows what to do. It's done it beautifully twice over now. So glad you got to talk to your midwife and let her know how you are feeling. I didn't have the same experience as you, but I can definitely sympathize with the panicky/stressed/anxious feeling about labour. It will be OK. You've got a good team supporting you, you're a strong healthy mum, with a strong healthy baby.
    How's your DH for supporting you by the way? Is he pretty helpful, or not so much? I found it good to talk about my fears with DH, just to get them out, and be reassured. He also was aware then of what I was worried about when I went into labour and could communicate that to the midwives when I was at the point of barely talking, and also just remind me all the way through that everything was fine and we were going to be OK.
    Hope that stretch and sweep was productive for you! The end is in sight honey - soon that baby will be in your arms and this will all be done.

...hic...

Thinking of you Arimeh. I'm so glad you're in touch with your fears and you can talk about them with your MW. I'm guessing labour is getting close

Quote Originally Posted by meow View Post
    I'm guessing labour is getting close
    I had the same feeling. Hope we're right!

Arimeh, that very much sounds like things are getting close. I remember my emotional outburst (and big argument with DP...) the day before early labour started. DD2 was born the following day.

Glad to hear he is loaded, if not locked, and hope he got the message loud and clear.

AFM, had my m/w appt yesterday. Bubs is all good, still doesn't like being chased with the doppler, making it very hard to pinpoint her heartbeat. It's too funny, feels like we're chasing her around my tummy. She's been alternating between breech, transverse and head down, so she's clearly got plenty of room. Yesterday's doppler search seems to have shifted her into a transverse/head down position, so I'm guessing she'll find the right spot when she's ready. Whenever I lie down on my side she wriggles into position. Strange baby. Everything else is good. Almost into third tri. Politely declined the GT test, since I didn't bother with it last time. Probably won't bother with the GBS swab either. I do need to do my hospital back-up booking, which I should get around to during the school holidays, so DD1 can entertain DD2 for me. Plus, I'm going to be back to three days a week work starting second week of October until Christmas, so I'll have a lot less time on my hands.

Nothing major happening, but I am a bit over the whole pg thing. I get the occasional "I don't think I want to do this again" feeling about pg, even though I'm excited about the birth. Doing this with a toddler is much more taxing than it was with DD1 at kindergarten.

Arimeh: hoping that things start soon. It's hard when you go overdue and think you will be pregnant forever.

Just an update on me...had MW appointment again yesterday Bub is still measuring the same as it was at 29weeks and am now 31, I know that measurements aren't accurate but given that I've lost weight and haven't gained any since before 3rd trimester can't help but feel guilty. Am being admitted to mother baby unit on Monday, will be discharged on sat (as that's what they do there and there is no other place that will take DS too) but have been told they may want me to stay longer so will have to re admitted for 'as long as it takes' midwife said I can come home to birth but if I'm still not great she will want me to go back after Bub is born. I'm trying not to think about it as it's tearing me apart inside just thinking about being away from DD for the week. But I need help, I want help as I can't be a good mother to my kids like this but it's just not easy trying to manage on my own. But having said that if I don't start gaining weight have also been told that it will make it hard for her to let me able to birth at home...

Eenee, hope the unit helps.

I really, really hope this is everything you need eenee. You are in my thoughts all the time

Eenee- Just keep the big picture in your heart, you are doing this for the entire family and while it will be hard to be away from her in the short term it will be the best for ALL of you in the long term. Sending you my thoughts may you feel supported every step of the way.

Arimeh you sound so close, with my third baby, the night before I had her I told my hubby that I wasn't sure the midwife was the right one because she liked to hug me too much!! haha... Hope the birth goes well for you x

Eenee- thinking of you

Arimeh- I hope all of your fears can be relieved and the beautiful baby arrives soon

AFM- saw chiro and he thinks baby is head down! I'm so happy about this and hope he is right. I see midwife on the 1st

Here's your new THREAD

Beautiful birthing vibes to all

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617