Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Homebirth General Discussion #16

Haha Teni, you won't be at all sweaty in a pool.

Lots of drinks on hand is a good one though! If it makes you feel any better, DD2 was also a HB in January, so not long past you. And we had the coolest January I remember! So much for all that time I was going to spend in the swimming pool in the lead up to her birth - it wasn't even warm enough to go for a swim until after she was born (and I couldn't then for a few weeks, thanks to post-birth).

I'll be birthing in the same spot and at night it won't be hot at all and if by chance DD3 arrives during the day, well, that's what the air conditioner is for.

We do have a woodfire, but honestly, that would just be one more thing for DP to worry about. And I hate bfing in the middle of the night during winter! So plenty of positives to a spring/summer babe too.

The_Mrs: just remember because of the lack of drugs, etc, you probably will 'feel' more initially, over the first few days. But that's gotta be better than a drugged-out zombie sensation and then the pain. Just felt more like I'd run a marathon and would rather not walk far after DD2. And by the afternoon for the first few days to a week, boy did I need to put my feet up and not move anywhere!

And then there are those of us that just pop out a baby in the morning and then life just goes on as normal. DD1 was born at 7am, home by 9am and I was making morning tea at 10am lol. I was a bit confined to the couch for most of the day after DD2 because of a post birth bleed but I felt normal (besides the freaking killer after birth pains!!). My midwife and I decided against the syntocinon shot for the bleed because it makes the after pains worse so I just kept quiet and all was fine. By day 3 I was back doing the kindy run.

After my bleed with DD3 I was pretty wiped out, had her at 12, was home by 5pm (midwives wanted to keep an eye on me at the birth centre because of the bleeding) and my mum cooked me dinner - which I could barely eat. I was so exhausted I went straight to bed when I got home and just stayed there and mum and DH took turns taking care of the kids and making sure I was eating and drinking. And that was only a 7 hour labour (2 hour active all up!) so obviously I wasn't in very good shape. I was reasonably fit when I fell pregnant this time though so I'm not sure if that will make a difference to how I feel? I was active before but haven't really exercised since about February. I want to start going for walks now but also aware of my SPD - its fine at the time of walking, its the day after that I can barely move.

He's here!!!! Caleb Richard arrived about an hour and fifteen minutes ago. All is well, things went beautifully, and I'll post more in the morning. It's 1:30am here. Looking forward to some sleep!

Congratulations Cricket! Hope he lets you have a decent sleep xx

Arimeh, I have been totally unfit preceding every birth so I am not sure it makes a difference? However, my births weren't particularly hard work just period pain like contractions interrupting my bath snoozing and 0 and 10 minutes of pushing for the girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    He's here!!!! Caleb Richard arrived about an hour and fifteen minutes ago. All is well, things went beautifully, and I'll post more in the morning. It's 1:30am here. Looking forward to some sleep!
    OMG that was quick!!!!!!!!! Congrats love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go sleep with your beautiful little newborn squish.

Artechim - lucky you! I can say my labours are definitely more on the marathon side of life.......lol

Babies Arrived

- 2012 -
    Jennifer13- Baby GIRL born at home 4th January 2012
    Bella29- Baby GIRL born at home 10th January
    HotI - Baby BOY born at home 21st January
    *Ash*- Baby BOY born at home 14th February
    loulabelle - Baby BOY born at home 24th February
    Cricket - Baby GIRL born at home 15th May
    chocorama - May
    ...Em - Baby BOY born at home 7th June
    BellyBelly - Baby GIRL born 11th August
    Tanya - Baby BOY born at home 16th August
    phynna - Baby GIRL born at home 8th September
    lady_neon - Baby BOY born 27th September
    Ambersky - Baby BOY born at home 3rd October
    Cassius - Baby GIRL born at home 4th November
    Ice cream - September
    mirriumu - November
    Pumpkinzulu - Baby GIRL born at home 12th December

- 2013 -
    Sara - Baby BOY born 18th January 2013
    turtlejane - Baby GIRL born at home 31st January 2013
    Bellany - Baby BOYS born 14th March 2013
    Ree*Ree - Baby BOY born 18th March 2013
    Aimz - Baby BOY born at home 21st March 2013
    Beatrix - Baby GIRL born at home 7th April 2013
    Rubyshoes - Baby BOY born at home April 2013
    Dollyroux - Baby BOY and GIRL born 29th April 2013
    HomeStyleMumma - Baby GIRL born 8th May 2013
    ladybirdflies - Baby GIRL born at home 23rd May 2013
    Cricket - Baby BOY born at home 26th August 2013

Babies On Their Way

sepata - September
    WilliamsMummy - September
    Arimeh - September
    Loulabelle - September
    Dot Face - October
    Eenee - November
    Sunnylove - November
    TeniBear - December
    *The_Mrs* - December
    Jennifer13 - January
    HotI - February
    Arcadia - February
    Glorious - March

Congratulations cricket, very quick. Enjoy your newborn snuggles and baby moon.

Ohhhhhh Congratulations Cricket! Love how quick that was!

As for the pool and placenta and after birth, with DD2, my midwives suggested I hop out of the pool. I think I'm a bleeder, my pool was like a blood bath a few minutes after DD2 was out and they wanted to monitor. After DD1 the OB came in and told me I needed a blood transfusion, which I refused (and lived, obviously). I would have liked to stay in, but I think I was bleeding a bit much (midwives got me drinking a raw placenta smoothie pretty quickly and into the arnica, which to me are signs that I was probably bleeding a bit much), but the cord was very short too. I feel pretty active after birth, but wiped out at the same time. I can never sleep in the day or two after having a baby, too in awe.

Congrats Cricket! Enjoy your babymoon. Can't wait to hear all about birth and baby.

Congratulations Cricket! That was such a great surprise! I thought we'd see you in here for days complaining about prelabour. I also can't believe you had a baby last year and this year! Amazing!

PZ I am so wired after the birth. Can't sleep but so wiped out. It's a pretty cool feeling actually!

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    Congrats cricket!

Congratulations cricket!! Are you glad your DH wanted the kids to stay at the ILs ?

Congratulations cricket!!!!!!

ahhh im reliving miss Zoes birth, kinda disappointed I will never get to do it again, also the fact DH and I are looking at buying a house very soon and we will have to leave where she was born. I love sitting in my lounge room and playing with her in the exact place she entered the world.

I think the placenta took about 30 min to come out and blood loss wasnt mentioned to me so I dont think I had a issue.

Congratulations cricket!!!

Congratulations Cricket!!! Welcome to the world little Caleb

I think the only sleep I got the day Amelia was born was while I had the epidural in, and when I was coming off it - though PZ probably has a better recollection of that I know I didn't sleep after Ianto was born, but my body wanted to. I just couldn't stand missing a second with him. This time, who knows how I'll feel? Probably like I can conquer the world - I'll want to go shopping or something I bet

Congratulations!!!!! So excited little Caleb is here

Thanks ladies! I've written up his birth story here: http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...8/#post3353470

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast