Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Homebirth General Discussion #18

Default Re: Homebirth General Discussion #18

Hoti that's looks like a very nice birthing place I keep imagining being outside, no so practical and will make sure I have a better plan b option lol

i spent some time outside for ds' birth. it was late at night, and quiet and lovely. i was putting clothes on the line, and resting on a wooden bench (plank of wood over two logs of wood) for contractions. DS hangs out at the bench quite often and it always makes me smile.

That sounds beautiful, Hot. What a special memory to have every time he plays there.

Special all the best for a beautiful birth xx

HotI what a beautiful space. You have inspired me to putting my thought into how my birth space will look.

SJ fingers crossed you don't hear from the GP. We are having some issues with bubs growth so I have had more scans then I would have liked

I am loving the ties, I hadn't even thought about it. I will have a go at making some too I think.

Thank you

I am still just waiting around doing nothing. My midwife doesn't seem concerned, so I am trying to chill.

I did go and find a local sewing shop and I am currently plaiting my umbilical ties. LOL
    Clearly the hormones are making me crazy.

Sending beautiful birthing (or babymoon) vibes, Special!

Still nothing happening here. I had a nap, and I'll admit that I woke up and feel a bit disappointed when I remembered what was going on.

Trying to be patient.

Still waiting... all my patience and faith is slowly fading away. Feeling a bit defeated.

Of all the scenarios I ran through in my head, this isn't something I considered.

Hang in there, Special. What does your midwife say?

Awww Special, I so understand! I was in tears last time after labour started in the middle of the night - I got my music going, lit my candles and got my meditations going...until it all backed off hours later! I was exhausted the next day, so I slept while DS was at childcare and my GF rescued me by taking me to the cinema to watch an emotional film later that day. DP had started his leave the day before thinking it was all happening. The next day I was still feeling a bit rejected, thinking this baby decided I wasn't worthy and we went to grab a few things from Fountain Gate shopping centre (going to Knox was even more unthinkable). I hated being there, we all got cranky and on the way home the baby wanted to let me know that it didn't appreciate being taken to such an unholy environment. Established labour started just about 9am and DD came along at 11.45 - so, my story is, go to a shopping centre Nah, I wouldn't recommend it at all! However, that feeling of "I've prepared, I'm waiting and you're already later than I thought you'd be so...where are you??" (I was convinced I'd go 'early' with her, too).
    It'll happen in baby's own sweet time...meanwhile, go get a Tom Yum as spicy as anything and fingers crossed!

Oh special
    Start bouncing on a fit ball.
    How long is your MW giving you?
    Nipple stimulation do it to try and get things started.

My midwife mentioned antibiotics at the 24 hour mark, but was happy with me saying we will make that decision tomorrow morning.
    I sent the kids to my Sisters and got some hormones flowing, then walked over to pick them up and stopped at the park on the way home. Things are hardly flying along, but I think they may actually be starting. Midwife is on her way - Not because I think she has to be here soon, but mostly because I just want the reassurance.

New thread HERE, ladies. Beautiful birthing vibes to all waiting and huge congrats to all the new 2014 bubs

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021