Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Homebirth General Discussion #18

Default Re: Homebirth General Discussion #18

Yeah, reality is def starting to sink in. Oxygen being delivered tomorrow.

Two homebirth bubbas to come before me (I think)! Heaps of vibes to TheMrs and Teni. Hope that full moon worked its magic.

Well, today's my EDD... And I'm still here. Was NOT expecting to get this far. I'm being a big ol' grump today, which isn't being helped by the heat, so DH is trying to avoid me I'm not *actually* angry, just very "blah" and overdramatic - I want to have this baby now, dammit!

Oh Teni... you sound a bit over it. But really, you've been a bit of a watched pot over the last couple of weeks. We should've left off expecting anything until a bit later. Time for some pampering, I think. Book in a hair appt, or a massage, or a pedicure.

Afm, m/w appt today and all at home now. Much more relaxing. Everything good, still measuring small but growing. M/w reckons baby feels just over 2kg, which would be much like my others at this stage. DD2 was so cute, she wanted to help so felt the baby just like the m/w, used the tape measure and the doppler. It was really lovely having her involved. M/w took some photos for me. She brought over a couple of books to lend me to read to DD2 as well and I found one of our other hbing picture books (DD1 has misplaced a couple :/).

Oxygen arrived and I pick up synto and vit K this afternoon. Couple of minor birth supplies to get, but generally feeling prepared. Discussed plans for the placenta and I won't be encapsulating unless I have a big bleed, don't want to encourage my milk supply any my usual abundance! It'll be planted as we did for DD2's.

Teni- oh i remember that feeling... and I also remember venting on FB early in the morning, only for my princess to arrive that very same day

good luck

my baby is quiet. tips to get it moving pls

Quote Originally Posted by HotI View Post
    my baby is quiet. tips to get it moving pls
    Warm/hot shower, then a big glass of ice-cold orange juice (or any cold drink really, OJ always worked best for me), and lay down and just focus on your belly for about an hour. You can skip the shower if you like, I only do that to create more of a temperature drop when the cold goes through. Hope everything's alright

Jenn: oohhh! exciting! i love this business end kinda stuff you bake on the smaller side like me! My DD1 was 2.7kgs at 38w.

HotI: i found putting myself in a different position helped to feel my babies roll around in there. so i would get on all fours and sometimes lean forward with my chin towards the floor....i mean, it was a sight for sore eyes, but did allow me to feel that reassuring roll (kicks were less likely for me to feel in my third pg....all that lack of muscle lol.

Teni: happy EDD! well, happy grumpy EDD I never expected to get to 40w with DD2 either!

Eat something then lie down: that always gets my bub moving.

Thinking of you Teni. This heat is horrible! We had the kinder break up party at 11 in the park and it was torture for me. I'm lying down under the air con now watching Peter Pan with the kids. Maybe I should sleep instead.

Those final days are so tough. Look after yourself!

Hot1- thinking of you and that baby moves a ton for you

Teni- happy due date!

Afm- stressed about the birthing tub situation as my midwife informed me the girl who has it has not gone into labor yet :/ my doula thinks she can find me one so fingers crossed!

oh no the_mrs! i hope that another one can be rustled up for you!

Hot1, try an icy pole and lie down, so you're more likely to notice. I'm guessing the muscle separation isn't helping. My bub has turned back to my front so I don't feel much in that position.

TheMrs, hope the pool is yours soon!

Here's my mini-midwife:
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/19/7ubu4y6e.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/19/utepyse5.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/19/ze4ysybu.jpg

(hope I've done those correctly, the alternative wouldn't work)
    Last edited by Teeki; December 19th, 2013 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Removing images from post - please do not include [IMG] tags

HotI how's things?

The. Mrs. Hope you get the pool sorted soon

Jen: cute photo's

DS2 had his 4 week weigh today (he is 4 weeks tomorrow) he has put on 860g in last 2 weeks! He is now 4800g! Growing way to fast!

Wow four weeks already eenee??

Hot1, hope bubs and therefore you are ok.

The_Mrs - same thing happened to me. Thankfully, the pool arrived before baby. I have sussed out my bath in case baby gets here before the pool this time. It is not as good, but doable if necessary.

Thanks for your posts yesterday. Baby has been quiet for a few days, getting movements occassionally but nothing strong. I went for a drive yest to get DS asleep, and hoping to get movement (baby often says hi when i am driving). nothing happened so i bought a sugary slushy thing from a drive through food place. got a few after that, but still seems pretty quiet. I also have a cold atm so maybe baby is feeling bit sick too?? Last night, my tummy was sore similar to contractions. It went for an hour or so, and then i fell asleep on the couch and woke up and things had settled.

going to give birth support a call this morning. It's probably all fine, and i will just feel silly when baby says hi again, but i'd like to just check things are ok before christmas.

Teni, I found a certain freedom in staying pg past 40 weeks. It was like once the date was passed, i no longer had a line to reach, and baby could just come in their own time. DO you have some special things planned for you for next few weeks?

Hot1, hope you're okay today. Could it just be a change in baby's position? Also, probably best to pay attention when you quieten down in the evening. When you're running around during the day it's less obvious. My m/w did tell me once it's not just big kicks, but any movements you feel. Trust your instincts.

Eenee - that's great weight gain! Clearly you're a great example of tandem feeding - I'll be coming to you with all of my questions! Number one is, when did you notice colostrum instead of milk before the baby was born?

what gorgeous pics Jenn!! this is part of why i love having babies at home! the kids get to be so much a part of welcoming and helping to prepare for the new person in our lives

HotI: i too would feel better about being checked if bubs has been quiet. and like you said, with christmas coming up, you want any worry to be abated xx

spoke to mw. think I may have been bit dehydrated. explains quiet baby and contractions. dehydration can irritate bladder which can irritate uterus, so paying more attention to my fluid in the heat.

Oops! In all my exasperation surrounding my EDD, I forgot to make this week's MW appointment So, going tomorrow, if I make it that far. I don't plan to, but it's not completely up to me is it?

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast