Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Homebirth General Discussion #19

Default Re: Homebirth General Discussion #19

Good luck meow, don't get too disheartened if the blood results are still showing positive, it will take your both a while to heal but you still have months before it becomes crucial. Enjoy your journey, sort things with your midwife, enjoy your big family holiday and all will be right in the world again hugs

This is a new home for me to birth in too. Funny how many of us have moved!

I love the idea of the cotton cord strings. I have absolutely no one around me that would understand a blessing way and it being baby number 5 I can't imagine anyone will care

Feeling fat and negative today.....

Tegam, are you hooked up with an ABA group? I love mine (my second one, still have friends from my old one) and even though it's taken me a while to feel part of it this pg, especially the latter end, really helped me feel part of the group. One member is my neighbour and has fed me twice this week. Another, whose name I couldn't remember is excited to meet my baby at the next meeting I go to, and if all other social systems failed I know I'd always have ABA. I hope you can lift yourself out of your hormonal slump very soon xxx
    Meow, it has sounded like you are doing everything you can to make this situation go away...that's all you CAN do. Thinking of you and your appointment today
    First outing today...to the osteo - my sacrum is on fire! I wonder how she'll go in the car. If I'm up for it we'll go to catch up with the surf girls on Friday and then a dinner on Sat night. Seems ambitious at this stage! I've loved being home

Meow-You sound like you're doing everything you can. Fingers crossed all will be ok.

Don't have internet at the moment and only on my phone which is incredibly slow and keeps cutting out. We are in our new house so hopefully will have internet soon (read when DH wires it in!).

Just saying hi to all.

Tegam if you lived here I'd give you a blessing way!

Sorry ladies, finding it hard to keep up at the moment. But I will be finished up with work soon and no doubt have loads of questions for you all.

SJ a tie would be awesome, my MW just asked me this morning if we would be using a tie. I will have to send you a flag too

Meow I hope everything went ok with your MW.

A big hello to everyone else. I will try and pop back in when I have more time.

I wish we could have a blessingway together Tegam! I don't have anyone I know well enough here to do that... given we'll be moving mid pregnancy and we don't know anyone I wont be getting any sort of meals or support or anything either. But I think we'll be fine- going to hire a post-natal doula this time too

Good suggestion with the ABA SJ. I might look up LLL groups after our move. There are a bunch of attachment parenting groups on meetup too so it's probably a good time for me to join one and build some community again. I hope you're going well too xx

I hope your move went well Eenee!

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I had my MW appointment this afternoon. It went well. I'm not sure if we *really* resolved my concerns but I'm glad we talked about it and I told her I want to talk about it again as we start thinking more about planning for the birth etc. I still really connected well with her though and I've been left feeling lighter and happier so overall it was a positive chat. I think it was perhaps a lot to deal with only about 2 appointments in to knowing each other and she didn't communicate with me in a way that worked. Hopefully as we know each other better these things wouldn't be as much as an issue.

Anyway, she heard baby's heartbeat with the fetoscope which was awesome! Wasn't sure if she would be able to yet but she did, and she heard baby moving too. I've been thinking I've been feeling movement the past few days so it was super exciting to have that validated and know that we DO have a little kicking, growing baby in there

I had another blood test (my request) for full hep A panel that will give us more numbers to work with as we keep retesting till I come back negative. I'm holding out some hope that this test is negative because that would be the best news ever but I'm prepared and expecting another positive result at this point. That's okay. Then my MW is away till mid May so I'll have another appointment and retest again then.

Oh meow, it sounds like you had a very good appointment, fingers crossed for those negative results (who'd have thought we'd ever want a BFN in pregnancy so much.

And yes please let's have a blessing way together.... Meet half way or Skype???

SJ I with my first two I was heavily involved in ABA and had a wonderful bunch of friends that ill keep in touch with forever. But then I moved and I tried here but it just wasn't the same.... It's been 10 yrs since my first...... Is ABA still my thing???? Not sure but maybe it's time to try again! I also think my "my midwives" run a group?? I should ask about it.

Saw a girl at work yesterday and I had to tell her I was UTD as I couldn't be in a resus when the X-ray was taken. It was amazing to see her joy for me when I told her. Seems she remembered me going on about how much I'd love just one more bubba. It was like a switch going off in my brain... Yes it's come as a shock and no not something I would have ever planned for this year, but dam straight I want this baby, I one lucky women to get this chance, time to suck it up and start enjoying it!! And maybe it's ok to not enjoy the pregnancy, doesn't mean I don't like the baby!

Nawww that's nice tegam! What department do you work outta? We are a dem family here too. I am always pleased/delighted when I find other Hb emergency people. I always feel like the only one. Although I think I may have asked you this before at some point?

Hi bella the joy of baby brain we can just keep having the same conversations and neither of us remember them, keeps it fresh lol.

I work in paediatric emergency, picu or nicu. I am agency as I have to fit work in around DH. I'm lucky tho I really only work at one hospital so feel like permanent staff. I try to do 2 shifts a week average. I think I might even get the paid maternity leave (centrelink) for this baby??? But who can figure these things out! I've worked 4 out of the last 6 days. That's 500kms too. I'm shattered today but have 6 baskets of folding to sort (oh the same). Anyone want to come to a folding party.....? Any here I am holding myself back from sorting and washing the baby clothes, hmmm priorities a bit off there ms Tegam

I hear ya, Tegam - having an unenjoyable pregnancy does not equate to wishing you weren't pregnant with a wanted child! I think that's where my DP fell over a bit in his understanding of where I was at. My reluctance about a third baby was not about the baby - I very much wanted another crack at homebirth, ECing, babywearing, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, planning a fantastic life and everything that I love about having a new person who will be ours forever, but I just couldn't be happy about being preggers Knowing it would be completely worth it was all I had on those worst days when I *almost* wished I wasn't pregnant. It seems like a fine line, but to me they are distinct things, too.
    I'm also nodding at the ABA thing. When I moved it was a nice group of women but I didn't feel I'd really gelled with anyone apart from the attending counsellor...who was one of my besties from my previous life (first from fire brigade and then when I joined her up to ABA and thrust her into counsellor training!) and I had a bit of a mourning about that. I attended when convenient and felt sad that I didn't feel the 'hell or high water' sense about getting to meetings that I did about my beloved first group. I managed a couple of meetings whilst pregnant and they were so happy for me and really wanted to be a part of this next stage that I can see my group becoming very important to me now. I finally rejoined, after a huge lapse in membership when I realised this. Just as well, too, because I've got the two previous editions of Breasfteeding Naturally and not the one where DD1 makes two appearances and I'm in one photo I'll even give you the page numbers once you tell me you've been to a meeting so that you can look for us next time you go and flick through the group library's copy of it
    Meow, LLL sounds like such an awesome organisation. I joined my cousin's wife to it in Texas and she never looked back. She is like us and pretty savvy, though!
    Folding party - I'll come if you come to my 'putting away' party...and I didn't even fold these clothes (my mum did, last week...)...so let's talk 'shame', as well...
    Oz, I have cotton ties ready to go, so I'll wait for flag specs - can't wait to get creative again!
    Outings are taking a toll on me. Even just one little trip wipes me out and on Thursday I did far too much in one day. I skipped the surf girls catch up on Friday and decided to do nothing all of yesterday because I really wanted to get to a regular group dinner we've become a part of (dammit, I LOVE country life!). It was a good move! I felt really good for the dinner and woke feeling rested today. My GF who was here for the birth came down with her boys and took all the kids down to the beach for the whole afternoon and I've had a lovely nap during that time. I still have bleeding and it's not very heavy. It clears up on the quiet days and when I have to go somewhere it starts up again and my cervix/pubis are feels very tender, like during a heavier period. I take it as my sign that I have to scale back on my activity and that, dammit, my body is still recovering from birthing and will be for a while yet.
    Enough from me, before I write a novel

Oh tegs and SJ, I am totally up for a folding party! I have a bed full!

Hi everyone. Im joinging here half offically. Ideally id like a homeborth, but still haven't. Worked out how it is going to happen. Due to a lack of health professionals around here. Not just the lack of midwives who do hb, bit the severe majority of health 'professionals' who make it their mission and sabotage any womans chance to have one.
    Im stil working out all my options. (Or lack of). But keen to still be in on this thread =)

Welcome TT40

Welcome to all the amazing new creations It's that time again....New thread HERE.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617