Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Homebirth General Discussion #19

Default Re: Homebirth General Discussion #19

Oh special that is awful that you were treated so horrendously Is there any other place that you can get the shot from? that is so wrong of the hospital!

to post pics you can add them via the link thingy on the bar but you have to change the code:
    Images can be added to posts in the form of attachments or links to photos hosted on external sites.
    When adding attachments to images in a post, please ensure that [ IMG] and [ /IMG] tags are replaced with [ URL] and [ /URL] ***(you may have to do this manually)***
    that way it is just a link to the pic and not the pic in the post itelf ITMS. hope that helps

I went back to Emergency at 1am and got the Anti-D. The doctor and nurse on were much more pleasant. I was still reminded why I don't dig hospitals though - They had an entire conversation about me in a room that was fully audible to me but out of sight. I actually called out "I'm right here if you want to ask me."
    Still, they were nice to me and got me in and out asap.

I have let go of my grumpy afternoon and back to the blissfullness of my super chilled out baby. It is also my son's 7th Birthday Family-Party today. Lots of people meeting Pixel for the first time. :-)

It's a very blurry pic, but I am a Mummy not a photographer. Haha.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...688FCA0187.jpg

oh that is so cool!

That is adorable Special!!! What a little cutie he is.

I'm glad you got the shot sorted out too.

Naww! He is gorgeous!!

What a gorgeous photo of gorgeous little man Special!!

I think that photo is perfect and ill make sure I add the anti D question to my list for my midwife. I cuddled a 12 week old today while he slept for an hour, bliss

He's a cutie, Special!
    Once again I'm nursing a niggle in my head. I know that if I were a lot of other people I'd be a bit of a mess right now, and I did have a teary moment when I went to a counselling session today with DP (I just wanted us to reach the vicinity of the same page and he agreed to the appointment!), so hopefully that's it for 'mess':
    It turns out that the reason I hadn't heard from the GP is that she didn't get the consultant's u/s report until last night :/ It started off with saying there was low fluid and he suggested membrane rupture. The GP asked me if I'd had any leakages and the midwife there asked if I'd had to wear pads when I replied "I'd know, wouldn't I, if that had happened?" (genuinely, not sarky!), so we're not convinced about that 'verdict'. Everything else was fine.
    Sooooo, another u/s to compare the measurements from last time, either Friday (if they can squeeze me in) or else Monday (have made that appt, in case Friday doesn't come through), and not scheduled to see the GP until two weeks' time...unless sooner. If only it were just fundal height that was irregular, then I could just explain that away!
    I've emailed my mw, who's OS at the moment.
    So, now I'm extra glad I've stuck to my guns in handing over just about all housework to DP, as well as cooking. I'm glad for the self-imposed resting, because DP wouldn't have encouraged me to rest, I absolutely know that for a fact.
    34 weeks now and keeping my appointments to pregnancy-related and kids' activities (which I can't find a way to hand over to DP, as he's not going to come home earlier to take DD to ballet or swimming...but I'll still put the hard word on him!).
    I've sent out blessingway invites, I've made a massage appointment for just before the u/s next week and next week is the maternity mini-shoot. Some things to look forward to amongst the murkiness.

I have my first meeting with my midwife tomorrow! I am so excited to see her, and to have a reason to see her regularly for a while. She was absolutely awesome when I had DD! Looking forward to hearing bubba's heartbeat hopefully too. Let the homebirth preparation begin!

Oh SJ I think a little tear sounds totally normal! Did you ever hear back from you old MW? I always have low fluid, some Drs worry some don't, it's normal for me but that didn't stop the freak out from everyone last pregnancy! I hope that the bed rest and less cleaning makes a difference. 34weeks wow. Really not that long but probably feels like an age.

Sterla: yay for your appointment. Sounds exciting, can't wait to hear how it all goes.

Oh wise wise ladies, I need some reassurance. This fatigue and nausea is killing me. I'm barely functioning. In saying that yes I am still managing to look after the kids, cook meals and work a shift here and there but boy I'm running on about 10% please tell me it gets better soon! All I'm remembering at the moment is how horrid it is now and how bad the end is.... I want the newborn but this is no fun

The fatigue and nausea won't last forever! One day at a time for you, Tegam, and then one or other or both will clear up for long enough for you to re-energise, before the fatigue kicks in again near the end I'm starting to fatigue now, but because the nausea's gone and it's so close to the end I cope with it better and just nap when I can!
    My old mw may have thought I was more worried about fundal height, which I'm not, and there was no real history of measuring small with the others until right at the end. No mention of fluid levels, and I only had u/s for the first where none of this was ever flagged. I just wonder if carrying the baby tight with my muscle tone would mean there's less space for fluid to occupy, rather than there having to be a certain amount of fluid in there in the first place. Can't it just be that there was never that much fluid to begin with, and not that there's a problem with that or that some has leaked? I mean, surely, I'd know if my membranes had ruptured by now, because I've been measuring 'small' for 4 weeks now! As long as I don't have to pay for the next u/s's that the GP wants - especially if she doesn't call me before my next scheduled appointment. If there's no phone call, and if nothing untoward happens to suggest to me that things are outside of normal, then I might decide to stop the u/s 'schedule' so that I can proceed without worrying about what they'll find next. If they can't find 'it' in the next week then they can back off and leave me alone.
    Sterla, excitement much!!

Early days Tegam tiredness is worst in the first Tri hugs

Tegam, I think if you are still looking after kids, cooking meals, and managing to work, you're doing awesome.
    I never got the nausea before but I was hopeless. I quit work before 12 weeks (I'm a gym instructor and was cramping when I exercised) but I was so relieved.
    It definitely got better, and I hope you turn that corner very soon!

Breast pad question - I got given some disposable ones but I am not liking them. I went to buy some washable ones and notice there are "bamboo" ones? Any experience? Or anyone got a brand they like? I got given some 14 years ago and have no idea what brand they were.

I think mine are Peapod bamboo pads. I used the Rite Aid sposie ones the first time because they were the best ones, I found, in the one-use pads. Second time around I had a tandem-feeder and found the bamboo pads sufficient - I have no idea if they would have been as effective without my 3yo feeding at the same time. I don't know if DD will want to hop back on when this one's born to help, but hopefully I don't have horrendous oversupply like I did that first time, either!

Thank you. I am already settling down, but I like the re-usable ones for when I am out.
    At home I just shove a facewasher in the leaky side.

I've never had to use breast pads so I've got all these lovely brand new bamboo breast pads that are unused sitting here lol

I just had an interview with the local paper about breastfeeding/triandem breastfeeding which will be in the paper on Saturday.

Haven't needed pads since my first, I remember reacting badly to the disposable ones until I discovered some cloth ones bet they are a tad fancier now to what I wore ten years ago lol!

Brought some nappies today, don't you just love my priorities. I put it down to eenees bad influence on me xx

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast