Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Homebirth General Discussion #20

Default Re: Homebirth General Discussion #20

Great news, meow!

Cassius - I didn't use the shower for pain relief, it only got 20 seconds before I pushed DD3's head out. I thought the water might help lubricate because it was so fast I was scared of tearing. Dunno if it helped, but I didn't tear at least.

Oh meow meow meow BEST NEWS EVER! So happy and relieved for you!!

DP took me out to look at a new car today and we're considering an 8-seater van. Plenty of room for one more!

DD3 is just the most delightful baby. She's so happy and interactive, settles herself to sleep with minimum fuss most of the time. I can't believe how long she sleeps overnight. She's happy to lie on the floor and watch everything when she's awake. I'm being completely lulled into a false sense of how little trouble another would be. I even found myself thinking about which m/ws I'd have the other day...

Quiet for our group over Easter but won't be long until we have some new HB bubbas in here!

Well it's not hard to guess that I believe in the more the merrier Jen! Got the fourth. What type of van? We have the IMAX. It's huge and heaps of room but really easy to drive! I'm a little disappointed that we all won't fit with my parents now. We use to do day trips but I am not going up to an actual bus!!

I've started to look at prams. Im not a huge pram person, I like getting little ones to walk as soon as they can and I love my HABs but thinking this little ones life will be a nightmare of the double kindy and school drop offs/pick ups next year got me thinking of a capsule pram system....

Also jen noticed your sig says accidental free birth and that's what I had with ds so I guess this will be my first Homebirth or 2nd free birth lol!

Thanks everyone for the support xx

This is our last baby. I am feeling content and done which I didn't feel before. I'll be 39 soon after this one is born too so I'm happy to hang up the baby making days I think. Gah! Which is why I wish this pregnancy wasn't going so fast and I could really connect and enjoy it. But I'm only just feeling movements so I think all that good stuff is still to come

Meow I'm feeling content with this being my last also.

Did every one find their braxton hicks were stronger with each pregnancy? Last nights were crazy. I've start raspberry leaf too so I guess that could be a factor?
    I can feel the nesting urge kicking in, every where I look I add something to my list of things which need to be done but I have no idea where to start lol.

I found ridiculous things to nest about - the instinct was so strong I took to vacuuming the Friday before L was born (she was born Tue morning), and I knew it would render me useless the next day!
    I only started taking RLT the morning my labour started (the Monday) because I'd forgotten all about it until then, and my BH started many weeks before that, so I can't say the RLT had anything to do with how rock hard my belly would become
    A few women have told me in the last week and a bit that they didn't feel 'done' and are sad they won't have any more. I felt so good after L's birth that I thought maybe I could do another, but mostly I feel like I'm done because a)I need my pelvis back b)another break for my horse would be his retirement c) I'm two years away from 40 and I don't want to purposefully have another one at this stage!!
    I'm starting to feel human again, even though my throat is still a little tickly and L seems to be over the worst of her brush with this cold.
    I'm the talk of the maternity ward, apparently. I met another school mum on Friday who is20 weeks and another mum asked how the homebirth went. The first mum said the mw's had said there was another HB in the area and I told her that would be mine, the one and the same Sounds like I may have chipped away at the barrier, just a little, because the way she mentioned it was really positive, and not a bit like I'd gone and eaten my young

Glad to hear you're feeling well and coming out of the fog of the early baby days SJ! It's always so lovely to be able to share your HB experience in such a positive way. Yay for you spreading the word

I'm starting to want to nest but we have visitors non-stop for the next month and then have to move house, so it can start after that. Though then my Dad will be here for a few weeks and he's such negative energy I think I'll wait till after he's gone and start to settle in and create our space. I'll be 32 weeks then!!

I am done, I am completely broken. Not sure if its the 10yr almost continuous pregnancy, breast feeding cycle or the fact that I am ten years older, but this pregnancy has been my far the hardest emotionally and physically I have faced. I do not want to be the mother I have been these past weeks ever again. I understand that it's a small sacrifice for the huge benefit of adding to the family, I know I am being harder on myself than necessary but I also think enough is enough. Time to enjoy this little bug and know that I achieved the large family I wanted. I will only be 36 when bug arrives but that was the upper age limit we had always set ourselves. And we started young to finish young.

32 weeks meow, you say that like it isn't far away....which scares me lol. But yes I believe that it would be best to save nesting until you are in your nest and all alone to make it yours. Sorry that your father is a negative energy.

SJ have you ridden your horse yet? Glad you are all feeling better.

I haven't ever done anything with my placenta, but seeing I have been so flat this pregnancy I have asked my MW for the name of the lady she uses to encapsulate. I know I can do it myself (eenee) but the chances of me getting around to it are low. I tell a bit of a lie, I remember with DS birth that I knew if I had bleeding that I could cut some of the placenta off and put it up against my gums and that could stop the excess bleeding, anyone else hear this??

And in other news.... I sent my first assignment in today...... Ahhhh wish me luck.
    Last edited by Lily Dust; April 10th, 2014 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Removing of info linked to another thread as per guidelines

Tegam-Sending big hugs. I'm struggling with this pregnancy too. Obviously you've done it a few more times than me, I take my hat off to you. I think I'm just realising its hard work looking after two active boys and being pregnant.

Meow-I understand your need to nest. I'm there also. But for some reason I have it in my head that I need to wait til I've had the 20 wk scan then I can get started.

SJ-Glad to here you're feeling good!

I'm struggling a little at the moment, when I was pregnant with DS2 we were planning a HBAC, so it was almost like being on a mission, I was constantly reading and planning birthy stuff almost from the start of the pregnancy to the end. We never told anyone of our plans last time, so I felt protected in a little bubble but this time everyone keeps saying 'homebirthing again?" and I don't like the feeling that everyone knows what we are doing. This time around I'm not sure what I need to be doing. Maybe I should force myself to start reading the books again, it just feels odd at the moment. Looking forward to my midwife appointment in a few weeks.
    Last edited by Lily Dust; April 10th, 2014 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Removal of info relating to another thread as per guidelines

Ladybug do you think I should mention that I am quietly hoping to birth outside? Hoping for a nice clear spring night I haven't even mentioned it to my midwife

I'm going for placenta encapsulation... I know I wont eat it frozen. I tried to do raw liver that way and I just hardly ever seem to find the time to pull it out and cut some off. And I found the pieces had to be so small or else the hard frozen edges would cut my throat. In my post natal haze it just wont happen. But kudos to you if you do because I think it would be the far superior way health wise.

My Dad is mostly negative energy because he lacks empathy so it gets exhausting being around someone who can only see their own point of view. It will be good he's coming soon after our move actually because I can get him involved in practical jobs to help us set up and unpack and actually start the nesting that way and keep him busy.

3 more days till my 20 week scan! I have been feeling like you lady-bug, waiting to really kick into high gear till after that scan. It's our first scan so first time we'll actually see that we have a living baby in there. Then we're going to be sharing the news of the pregnancy on FB, pull out the baby dolls and books for the kids, start thinking of what we need to buy/organise (car seats!) etc. I'm looking forward to passing that milestone and moving onto the next phase

Ladybug, i had similar feelings during my 3rd pregnancy/2nd homebirth. I still chose not to engage with people about my birth, unless i knew they were positive influences. It's really none of their business what your plans are. Have you read Rhea Dhemsey's book? It is brilliant, and probably wasn't around when you had your other kids. You might find new inspiration from it.

Tegam, i have gorgeous memories of wandering around the yard during DS labour. I birthed inside, but outside birth would be glorious.

Hoti I feel that my wish to be outside is a knee jerk reaction to wanting to be as far removed from my last birth as possible. All I imagine is being on my own outside, whether that's for labour or the actual birth....

Meow not long til that scan!!!

I keep my pregnancies quiet for the same reason.... All birth conversations bore me in real life

Tegam!! I had some real doozy parenting moments in my pregnancy Am getting a teeny bit more chilled, but it gets undone after a not so good night. I'm planning a CBD hotel night away for us to do two days of city exploring next week, to give us all new scenery. We had a great cattle sale last week and if we can't use some for family rehab, what is it good for?? Outdoors sounds like a nice place to birth - like in the Orgasmic Birth DVD, on the deck!
    Not back on my horse yet, but the osteo today was VERY happy with my pelvis and didn't freak out when I suggested I might give it a go next week! We decided it would actually be gentler than going surfing, so I'm going to have to do some planning to get a half hour ride in, somehow.
    I had a touch of a cold and now have a cold sore, so I can't kiss my girl
    I'm also feeling miffed with my fire brigade - only one member sms'd congratulations and my captain has been silent. I made my own announcement on our closed FB group page, which felt weird, but didn't want to rock up to the election meeting on Monday without making L's arrival known on some level. I feel it's the job of the leadership to put out a pager message, so as that wasn't done I took he FB job on myself :/ Never mind, apart from that I'm just lovin my girl and enjoying school hols!

Hi girls! Somehow I unsubscribed myself to this. Oh well, but a bit to catch up on.

Meow congrats on beating the hep A! Well done and how happy you must be!

36 weeks here now. It is all going to fast! But I suspect I shall at the very least make it to 40. Although the late 39's has been in my mind. I have been having lots of bitey BH, which has me wondering if this baby will decide to be cheeky and come early?

Ladybug, like you my last birth was a hbac and this time around I have been a little lost just because I know I can do it now so I haven't known that I have needed to focus on as much... I read Pam England's book 'Birthing from Within' last time and she gets you to work out what your question to yourself is. Last time I think mine was 'can I do it'. This time it may well be "do you want to do it' lol! Cos last time was a whole lot of hard work! I don't doubt my ability, but perhaps my will to do it again. But then I don't doubt my will to not have a cs. And I think I am moving past the early panic I had. I am settling into the knowledge that I just have to get on and do it now....

Nearly ready here. I need to go and get myself a new hose and need hubby to go do a test run of setting it up. My Mw forgot to leave the birth pool on Monday when she came to my blessing, so she is seeing me a tad earlier next week to drop it off and have a birth planning meeting. I will be 37+4.

My blessing was awesome, and I had the coolest henna done! It was lovely! And everyone else really enjoyed getting it done on them too. Lotsa fun.

I checked myself in the shower yesterday cos the BH were starting to really hurt. I think this little man may have bruised my cervix with his stretching and punching down there. I have dilated just a touch more than I was at 33 weeks when I had some other bitey bh's and checked cos I wasn't 100% sure at the time that I wasn't in labour. Anyway I am not surprised that I am more dilated, but I still will be surprised if I go early as the women in our family don't go early as a rule.

I will post some of my Mother Blessing pics for you girls too.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/ete3ema6.jpg

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast