Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Homebirth General Discussion #20

Default Re: Homebirth General Discussion #20

I just read this inspiring birth story:

http://www.blackwomendovbac.com/vbac...ras-home-vba3c

thanks for sharing, Dot Face. beautiful.

That was lovely Dot Face. I so agree with her comment about 'shame on the doctors'. Indeed! Huge shame on them as she has proven beyond doubt that her body WAS able to birth and they didn't even want her to try?!

I had my first of two meet & greet MW appointments today. It went super well and I think this MW would be a much better fit. She seems more confident and less likely to react with the biggest medical drama to every little thing. She also has years and years of experience in this area so she would be a good ally if I did have to engage a hospital or 'the system'. And she works pretty much as a team with the same backup midwife and said they have a very symbiotic working relationship... my previous midwives were like that and I find that very appealing.

I have another MW appointment on Friday so I guess I'll decide after that!

You are sounding more relaxed/relieved now, Meow. Good to know you have a couple of options.

I think we can all feel the joy and relief in your words meow when it works it just works!
    Last edited by Cassius2; June 12th, 2014 at 04:40 PM.

So pleased to read your post, meow! Hope it works out at the next appt.

I know i am totally late in replying but i just couldn't let it go by without a mention? Meow, what a total shock it must have been to open that email, whilst in hindsight it does trend with her immature style of practise but still WOW. Did you email her back? It seems that you have had one trial after another with this pregnancy you should be patting yourself on the back that you have stayed sane throughout it all!! Whatever sane is while pregnant! The first of your interviews woulds so promising and i agree with the other girls a great late relationship is better than a long drawn out poor relationship! You deserve the midwife support you want and i so hope that one of these two ladies are the answer to your concerns and that you have the best ever 3rd trimester someone can have!

Dotface that story was lovely but also just such a sad reminder of the harsh realities of birth so many women face! How are you feeling now about your birth experience, we sort of moved on from your post but that doesn't mean any of us don't want to hear how you are feeling xx

Bella: you look and sound so happy on your Facebook posts!!!!

I agree- if you ever need to keep talking and processing, we are here Dot Face. There is also a private birth trauma group you can join if you want to discuss it in private xx

Tegam I didn't reply to her email for a few days. I was so mad it was just going to be a big rant and I didn't know what to say. Yesterday I just found our health insurance aren't paying for a blood test I had because they didn't have her listed as the referring clinician. So I emailed her about it and kept it all business. Then I figured I needed to at least respond to her other email so I wrote back that I hadn't known how to respond as I was shocked she would do this over email. I corrected some statements she made to remind her that I hadn't actually met up with any other MWs (she said I had and told me to continue care with them) and that I don't believe we ever had differences in philosophy for birth and postpartum care (I think she was trying to arse cover and act like I had this crazy different philosophy and it was bull). Kept it short but couldn't bring myself not to correct lies!

Next MW appointment tomorrow. Will be glad to have that done and a decision made and get moving forward!

have my fingers and toes crossed for you meow!!

Thank you ladies, I am feeling better about it now thankfully. It has actually taught me a few things; asking more questions, standing up for myself, having a birth plan (in case of transfer again), and saving up from the minute I plan for the next baby for a private midwife attended homebirth.

I'm glad you did reply meow!

Happy to hear things are more settled for you now dot face!

So we had our first home midwife visit . So so awesome , kids invlolved nice and relaxing
    Very different to sitting in a waiting room for 2 hours! Then an in/out 5 min visit .
    An hour and 1/2 later still chatting away . I wish I could go back in time! And do this for my other babies.

Yep! The home visits rock!! Home visits are not the norm here- it's mostly office visits! I've culled quite a few MWs because they're not prepared to do home visits as an option. To me they are one of the big benefits of home birthing. Those chats are wonderful and relaxing with the big kids milling around in their own space.

So, I met two MWs this week and loved them. Ugh! How to choose?? I keep flip-flopping. I'm lucky to have choice but I wish it was more obvious. I think I'm nervous after my past experience and keep second guessing it all too.

Kellbell: I love the home visits too! Every single appointment this pregnancy has been a home visit, and it is so nice - especially as it means I don't have to cart 1 or 2 kids anywhere. So glad to hear you're having a home birth So exciting!

Meow: That's great both midwives have been promising! But yeah, it makes it hard to make a decision! Did you click more with one than the other? Good luck making a decision!

AFM: I'm still trying to wrap my head around how close the birth actually is! Only 6 weeks (give or take) to go, and I can't say I feel very prepared. I'll see my midwife not this week but next, so I'll be asking her everything then.

My midwife has a birth pool that we will be hiring, but apart from that I don't know what else we need to do in preparation.
    I am starting to do lots of reading/watching to get myself in the right mind set. I have my trusty copy of Ina May on my bedside table, and I have revisited The Business of Being Born, The Face of Birth and Birth Story, as well as a few YouTube videos of home births. If anyone has any awesome recommendations to get me pumped...

DH and I are also going to a couples workshop next weekend through my sacred birth yoga class - which should be awesome. I think it will be really beneficial for DH, and hopefully it will help him to be an awesome support person in labour. He can remind me of positions and different things to try, etc.

Right, I have DD desperate for something, so I better go!

A quick question The midwife says were to ring ambulance if baby comes quick and she's not there which is a possibility as last baby was 3 hours and that was stuck on a bed . Is this normal?? I really don't want ambulance officers in the house . Ill
    Be ringing my midwife at the first twinge! Would this just be to cover herself so I don't free birth ?

New thread HERE

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617