Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Homebirth General Discussion #20

Default Re: Homebirth General Discussion #20

Gorgeous photos Bella!!

Beautiful photos!

Great photos Bella- so beautiful! All the best for the coming days/weeks ahead... sounds like you're getting a fair bit of body readiness going on

We had a 20 week ultrasound today- our only scan this pregnancy so it was super exciting to see baby! Baby is doing great and all seems well. Placenta is anterior but moved away from my cervix. The kids came with us and the sonographer was the best we've had and it was such a great experience. Feel really happy and buoyed

Not tempted to find out meow??

Shhh... but we did find out! It is a secret IRL that we have found out at all and I'm nervous that people could stalk me on here so I hate to even admit it. We had a surprise for the other two and decided to change it up this time but we don't want to tell people till the birth.

So stoked that the scan was awesomely awesome.

How do you feel about finding out? Does it feel different? I always wondered whether i could hold out until birth but always found out at the 20 week scan.

I feel really good about it. I was a little anxious about feeling let down that we'd taken away the surprise for the birth and I guess we'll see how I feel about that after the birth. But at the moment I feel happy that we had the experience of not finding out and happy that we've found out this time

i don't regret NOT finding out for #3 (we didn't find out sex for any of them), but i don't think i would have regretted finding out this time either. It might have helped me in the last few weeks, which were harder 3rd time around. If i did find out i would have liked to have kept it a secret though, special secret shared between myself and baby.

I'm so tempted to find out but also really don't want to. Not that I think I'll regret it but I have a weird idea in my head that if I find out it will be one sex and if I wait it will be the other (does that make sense lol) crazy woman here! And I know at birth I won't care what it is but I may before hand cause ill have too much time to think.... And yes I do know that the sex can't change it is what it's is and I love it so do I need to know..... I almost hate the fact that we get the choice once the 20week scan if over and I haven't found out ill be ok, I always want to know before the scan.

I brought a 2nd hand pram the other day. A strider dlx travel system. I am a baby wearer but think little tummy bug is going to be pulled in and out of a car up to 10 times a day between Kindy and school drop offs! So I got the capsule that fits into the pram. We'll see how much I use it. This also continues my record for having as many prams as children to my husbands horror. His reasoning is I baby wear and get the children walking as soon as they can so hardly ever use a pram. But hey then it will have great re sale value hehe. Also thinking of getting an ergo??? I'm a HAB fan.... Thoughts?

Also we are planning on going camping when tummy bug is between 0-2weeks old depending on when it arrives. It was already booked and I love the idea of early morning beach walks in my baby moon, we did the same when dd3 was 3 weeks old. And the pram came with a bassinet so I wouldn't have to take anything extra of it.

Sorry you lady's have to listen to my ramblings. I presume once we tell the kids on the 23rd then the whole world will know shortly after and I will be able to talk to people in real life.

I am getting worried about people reaction to number 5...... I know you are all nice but what would you like if you had a friend having her fifth?

Also we figured out that this one wont start school until Dd1 is in year 10! CRAZY

Please someone else have a ramble now

i was one of 5, as was my partner. i loved it growing up, and still do, so i would think it is great. just checked your ticker - both dh and i also had 10 year gaps from #1 to#5!

i have been loving the hab, but also have started using ergo occasionally when i just want something quick to put on. i dont really like the newborn insert, but can still wear her with a blanket and using one hand to support her. if i am wearing her for a long time, i prefer the hab for now but she hasn't cracked 5 kg yet. loved the ergo when my others got bigger.

i would love to get a great pram, but will prob just do with what i have. ;(

Hoti look on eBay or gum tree so many good 2nd hand ones!

I don't like having to support bubs while in a carrier hence my love of HABs. Will get hot fairly quickly too so may not want to have to worry about ergo inserts...... ?

Hoti I have a twin mountain buggy I'm going to sell???

Hey there birthers!

Do I just jump in on the chat? I don't know the protocol lol...

I have been in my "Due In Sept" thread, but we have *just* decided this will be a HB. I have already been booked into the caseload midwives program at my local hospital and I've had a few appts, but I have been chatting with my MW from my last birth (HB but ended in hospital) and we have worked out a way to make a HB possible for us! I am beside myself with excitement!

My MW lives about 2.5 hours away, so my doula is going to come in handy, she is 15 mins down the road. Because MW is so far away my appts will be very spaced out, and I need to have Shared Care with a GP. My MW is medicare eligible, honestly it's the only way I could afford a HB. So I am looking for a HB friendly/supportive GP. I have one lead so far...

Looking forward to prepping for a HB again! I found my lists from last time and I am excited to get to put it to use this time (hopefully).

Babies Arrived

-2012-
    Jennifer13- Baby GIRL born at home 4th January 2012
    Bella29- Baby GIRL born at home 10th January 2012
    HotI - Baby BOY born at home 21st January 2012
    *Ash*- Baby BOY born at home 14th February 2012
    loulabelle - Baby BOY born at home 24th February 2012
    Cricket - Baby GIRL born at home 15th May 2012
    chocorama - May 2012
    ...Em - Baby BOY born at home 7th June 2012
    BellyBelly - Baby GIRL born 11th August 2012
    Tanya - Baby BOY born at home 16th August 2012
    phynna - Baby GIRL born at home 8th September 2012
    lady_neon - Baby BOY born 27th September 2012
    Ambersky - Baby BOY born at home 3rd October 2012
    Cassius - Baby GIRL born at home 4th November 2012
    Ice cream - September 2012
    mirriumu - November 2012
    Pumpkinzulu - Baby GIRL born at home 12th December 2012

- 2013 -
    Sara - Baby BOY born 18th January 2013
    turtlejane - Baby GIRL born at home 31st January 2013
    Bellany - Baby BOYS born 14th March 2013
    Ree*Ree - Baby BOY born 18th March 2013
    Aimz - Baby BOY born at home 21st March 2013
    Beatrix - Baby GIRL born at home 7th April 2013
    Rubyshoes - Baby BOY born at home April 2013
    Dollyroux - Baby BOY and GIRL born 29th April 2013
    HomeStyleMumma - Baby GIRL born 8th May 2013
    ladybirdflies - Baby GIRL born at home 23rd May 2013
    Cricket - Baby BOY born at home 26th August 2013
    Sepata - Baby BOY born at home 31st August 2013
    WilliamsMummy -Baby BOY born at home 17th September 2013
    Loulabelle - Baby BOY born at home 17th September 2013
    Sunnylove - Baby GIRL born at home 2nd November 2013
    DotFace - Baby BOY born at home 9th November 2013
    Eenee - Baby BOY born at home 22nd November 2013
    TeniBear - Baby GIRL born at home 21st December 2013
    *The_Mrs.* - Baby GIRL born at home 31st December 2013

-2014-
    Jennifer13 - Baby GIRL born at home 1st January 2014
    Arcadia - Baby BOY born at home 30th January 2014
    Special - Baby BOY born at home 6th February 2014
    HotI - Baby GIRL born at home 23rd February 2014
    Smoke Jaguar - Baby GIRL born at home 18th March 2014

Babies On Their Way

Bella29 - May
    Ozstar - May
    Sterla -August
    Meow - August
    ladybug - September
    e_p - September
    Tegam - September
    phyrephly- September
    Last edited by HotI; April 16th, 2014 at 06:44 AM.

Woohoo phyrephly so happy you are joining us. That makes three from our bb group! Why did you transfer last time?

Hoti you missed ladybug due September

That makes four of us in this thread that will be due in one month....busy

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/15/mepy8epa.jpg

I finished making my prayer flags last night. I will just pin the calico on, so I can use it in my LO's room, or pass it on to another mamma if I want. What do you all think? Pretty huh!

Meow- we didn't find out for our first two, but decided to with this one. Mostly because I felt really emotionally invested and in the gender and I didn't want to process disappointment at the birth. Also I had VERY strong feelings about the gender, which turned out to be true . I do love a surprise tho in fact I love a surprise! But I wanted to know for me and my girls who were begging me for a baby brother. I'm happy . I didn't spend this pregnancy half in hope half in dread.

And welcome phy! Happy planning!

Tegam - I technically didn't transfer, I had to be induced I was over for dates but as my MW is under the medicare scheme, she is bound by restrictions too, so once I reached a certain point, I had to liaise with an OB, I was sent for a scan which showed very low amniotic fluid and the OB requested I be induced. I was so devastated. The OB was extremely respectful of my HB wishes and followed my transfer plan, which was nice. I had only two sets of gel spaced far apart, by the time was up and I was due to be seen again, my waters broke. I laboured alone (not really understanding that I was in labour, I had sent my MW and doula home, DP tried to nap), I woke DP up 5 hours later and asked him to get my MW here as I wanted all.of.the.drugs. She arrived 45 mins later, I was in second stage, hospital MW was all worried (the baby's heart beat is dropping, I'm getting the OB) and I roared DS out with only DP and my MW in the room. So in the end, it wasn't too bad, I went home 6 hours later with my slightly calcified placenta and a beautiful DS

Hoping I can avoid that this time around, time will tell!

Congrats phyrephly!

Counting down to May now.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast