Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Homebirth General Discussion #21

Default Re: Homebirth General Discussion #21

Seems this baby likes music, whenever I turn the car radio on the kid goes crazy

Also almost at the traumatise the kids stage and have to ask 'who wants to help mummy put her undies on'... Oh the joys of pregnancy

Meow. I just saw your ticker.... 30 weeks wow slow down women there just aren't that many weeks between us

I know!! It freaks me out. Hitting the 30s feels like baby will be here any moment!

Yes there is something extra special/scary when you get to the 30's…..

I said to DH the other night while having a melt down "i can't do this for another 20 weeks" and he said "lucky you don't have too, your not 20weeks anymore…" Oh right um yay i guess LOL Crazy lady

Yeah I agree, I go into to crazy organised lady once I hit 30 weeks.

Rest up for the next 5 days then lady-bug cause it's about to hit! Wow... I hadn't thought of that but my organisation is really picking up! Organised our chest freezer yesterday and started planning meals to make and today I got started with those too. Getting the house unpacked and I'm starting to stall because it needs to be perfect

....and so the nesting begins!

I still firmly believe that there is a tipping point with each subsequent pg where it all flies by quicker than the last...that said, the first part of pg seems to drag on forever and be more and more tiresome each time....

Quote Originally Posted by meow View Post
    Rest up for the next 5 days then lady-bug cause it's about to hit! Wow... I hadn't thought of that but my organisation is really picking up! Organised our chest freezer yesterday and started planning meals to make and today I got started with those too. Getting the house unpacked and I'm starting to stall because it needs to be perfect
    Nothing feels more perfect than an organised chest freezer and a plan to cook and freeze meals

I'm starting to get in on that vibe, wanting more nesting time at home. There has been some movement at work and it looks like I am potentially facing redundancy as another service takes over the service I work at. So there are positives and negatives to that - one being I don't have to return to work sooner

I can't wait to get nesting, right now I'm too tired but as soon as I finish work I have a list I want to get through. Not going to worry about meals much as the Thermomix will do the hard stuff, but not looking forward to the $$$ of the meat shop to fill the freezer.

I can't wait to start nesting either would be nice to help me to get some stuff done around here lol

30 weeks eeek excitement time coming! Going to get even more clucky!

Have another baby eenee

I definitely had a big nesting surge around 30 weeks. It has settled down now... I'm kind of hoping I have another one soon, cause I still have things to do for bubba, but I can't be bothered most of the time haha!
    I think I have more to do to organise for the birth than the baby though!

Have you been able to get a list of things your MW suggests you have at the birth now Sterla?

I haven't seen my primary midwife since 28 weeks! I saw my secondary midwife in between, but am due to see my primary next week. I will definitely be grilling her about all that stuff then so I can get myself organised!

One thing she did mention last time was hot water for filling up the birth pool. We have a smallish hot water cylinder, and we do run out of hot water sometimes. Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, what were your solutions? My midwife said in some other births they spend a lot of time heating big pots of water over the stove just to top up the pool.

i borrowed a large urn each time, but as i generally only made it into the pool minutes before baby arrived, we didn't make use of it either time.

do you have a community group you could borrow/hire an urn from?

Ah, there's an idea! I'll have a look around, thanks HotI

Not home birth related... but I am having maternity photos taken tomorrow morning! I'm nervous/excited! I hope they turn out okay. This is my last pregnancy (most likely ), so this is my last chance to have some done. I love seeing other people's maternity photos . Pregnant bellies are so lovely.

I hope you have a great time Sterla! Enjoy celebrating that beautiful belly

I'm meeting with a doula today. Hoping she might work out as sibling support in birth, post-natal doula support and placenta encapsulator. It would be awesome if we could get all that in one person. The less different people we have to deal with the better- I'd rather keep the birth team as small as possible.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast