Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Homebirth General Discussion #21

Default Re: Homebirth General Discussion #21

Thanks meow!!

That's great about the doula. I would have loved that, but we simply can't afford an independent midwife and a doula. Luckily I have plenty of family and friends close by to take the kidlets out if they get bored, etc. I know DS at least wants to be there for the actual birth though.

We have zero family or close friends here so hence the need for a doula. The only people I know around here are really just acquaintances at this stage I guess and I don't want any of them around while I birth. I'm hoping both the boys want to be at the birth but we do need a back up option to have someone support them in case they want to get away.

And because there is no-one to be around after the birth then a post-natal doula should be able to help us with laundry, meals and keeping my recovery and breastfeeding on track so my husband can focus on relaxing and being with the bigger kids and helping them adjust.

Luckily insurance here will pay for our midwife so we can put the money into a doula instead.

A doula definitely sounds like a good idea in your situation!

Photographer and hair/make up lady is getting here in 45 mins! Better get everyone ready!

Yay! Go you for getting photos done, Sterla!

How was it sterla? Hope it was amazing.

Meow meow meow that sounds fab! I hope she is wonderful and feels a very natural part of your birth team!

Hope the photos are lovely, Sterla!

Just ducking in to ask a question. What are the homebirth options in Perth, does anyone know or have any experience with it?

Thanks!

I'm sorry Freya. I have not idea. Hope someone can help.

Hi Freya! Great to see you in here! I know another bb member went through the hospital HB program in Perth. It was a few years ago.

Ooo I hope it pans out for you Freya

I know of the CMP in Perth but I understand the 'rules' to be considered low risk and be eligible for the program get tighter all the time. Great option for a very low cost homebirth though! There are also IMs in Perth so you can organise a homebirth privately if you don't meet the requirements for the CMP.

My photo shoot was great! Never thought I would find myself in my underwear in a forest... in Tassie, in June haha! I have seen one sneak peek from the photographer so far - link is below: (mods, hope this kind of link is okay? Feel free to remove if not)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...04305316292507

Beautiful Photo! You look gorgeous
    Look at that ticker of yours! Not long to go :-)

Congratulations. You look stunning

Sorry to sneak into your thread mummas! but I just saw Freya's question about HB in Perth..I had one in April on the CMP if you have any questions about that I might be able to help? Can PM me if you like.

Hey ladies, i need some advice. Seeing so many of you have done further study i thought this was the best place to ask. Do i do uni in the 2nd semester or not? Study starts in late July and baby is due 22nd september. Both subjects i can pick from have two essays and an exam, both equal 9000 words. I am talking to my professor from this semester at 2pm, but he isn't running either course which is available to me next semester. But i thought he would be a good person to float the idea that i am having a baby and could the uni do anything to help me continue to study. If i could start the course work early and have it all over and done by by the time the baby came that doesn't seem so impossible. But given my history of having babes around 38weeks am i even cutting that plan too tight? Also I'm due to finish working at the end of july. Should i just enjoy a few quietish weeks before baby comes nesting….. My history would also make me be honest and say i get just a little tired and emotional with pre labour for a week or so before baby comes…… I am so undecided. If i don't study will i regret the extra 6 months it will add to the course at the end? If i do study will i resent having to study when i want to be in mumma mode? This is my last baby…..ever……

Please help me….what would you do?

Lee- you're not sneaking in! This thread is for you too

Tegam- I would take the semester off. I took a couple of semesters off through my degree and it was SO worth it! Realistically you're probably only to get the first essay done before baby comes, unless they are super kind and give you all the course work up front and you work like a mad thing and get both essays done... which I don't think is a great idea either right before baby comes. And what will you do about the exam? They're super hard to get through if you have a newborn who is still feeding frequently. Does your uni offer summer school? I wish I'd cottoned on to summer school earlier as I finished up a couple of subjects in the end by doing them in the summer school semester and it felt so good not be wasting that time and making up for the other semesters I needed to take off and focus on the little ones.

I will PM you Lee, thanks!

Meow; I didnt say I was asking for me

ETA: Lee, its telling me your inbox is full

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Meow; I didnt say I was asking for me
    Does that mean you're not though?

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast