Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Homebirth General Discussion #22

Default Re: Homebirth General Discussion #22

Hope all is well with you and bub Illythia xx

Thanks ladies!

Feeling a lot better today.

Had the scan to re-check growth this morning. Now measuring in the 98 percentile with baby estimated at being around 3.5kg.

I knew it was going to give that sort of result but I'm still not worried. I know my body won't make a baby too big for me to birth. If anything, I'm pleased as it may mean that should baby decide that now is the right time to come, then he/she will be a nice size!

I've been contracting since 7am. Only mildly with the odd strong one. Thinking once night falls things will crack on. It does mean no homebirth for me but I'm ok with that too.

Lovely birthing vibes to you, Ilithyia.

Thinking of you.

Thinking of you Ilithyia. I hope things went/are going well.

No change here. Still niggling away but not in labour.

Pre-labour is just a tad annoying!!

Thinking of you Ilithyia. Wishing you a beautiful birth.

Birth blessings to you ilithyia

I hope it stops annoying you and holds off for a little while longer so that you can have your much longed for homebirth.

Happy new year ladies. Thank you so much for all your support this year.

Happy new year to all, birthing vibes to lilythia! Happy birthing day to me, can't quite believe it's been a year since DD3 arrived.

We are in discussion about another. DP is a pretty firm no, but has allowed me time to talk him into it.

Sorry I've been so slack on here - will try to catch up now I have a bit of time off over Jan. pretty wrapped up in emotionally supporting my sister whose VBAC will occur in the next week or so, fx. Her bub has flipped breech a couple of times and she had a successful ECV a few days ago. She has an IM but is birthing in hospital. Very hopeful for her though!

Oh Jen, all my hopes for your sister, cos I know it will hurt you, if she is hurt. All the best of luck for her.

Thanks Bella. She's also taken my advice and is seeing a chiro and has noticed a difference in back pain and posture, which should also help. She's 38 wks now so I think it's unlikely he'll turn back.

How are you and DS doing?

Oh Jen thinking of you and your sister!
    Sara how are you?

Hello ladies! Checking back in after a long absence!

It's hard to believe our little man is a month old. It's been an amazing, wonderful and challenging month. We had a beautiful two day babymoon, and then the screaming and feeding issues started. By day 5 he had lost 16% of his birth weight. We then spent nine nights in hospital... Especially hard for a homebirth mummy! He had a kidney condition that caused him to wee out excess fluid. It is all healed now, so we are thankful for that.

It's been an emotional time. I've slowly come to let go of my dream of exclusively breastfeeding, having fine everything to increase my supply... Feenagreek, domperidome, fennel tea, pumping round the clock, supplemental nursing system... In still only producing 50mL max at a time. I am sure the stress of having my baby in NICU instead of in my arms didn't help.

Now we are working through other challenges of bottle feeding... Finding a formula that works, bottles that don't cause colic, and a baby who can be very unsettled at times... Especially 10pm to 2am. He is calmer with breast milk, but will only sleep 10 mins at a time.

DH has had nearly 5 weeks off work, goes back tomorrow. My mum has been staying, and has been a wonderful support. Mum leaves soon and DH will be back at work, so I think I'll be on here more often!

Motherhood is certainly a humbling journey. I have alot more sympathy now for ladies who choose not to breastfeed. And that extends to all mothers who make decisions that I never thought I could... Such as elective Caesars, etc.

Enough about me... How is everyone else? Any progress Ilithyia? What about with your sister, Jen?

New thread for all our HBing mummies! You can find it HERE

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617