Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Homebirth General Discussion #23

Default Re: Homebirth General Discussion #23

Just thought Id share; got my birth video from my amazing birth photographer. If anyone would like to view it, pm me for the link as Im not sure what the go is with posting youtube links on the forum

me please!

Me too!

How is little Kit doing, Freya?

Pm'd you both

Kit is doing great! Such a little porker, its so weird having a chunky baby again when my last lad was low birth weight and is still very very small for his age. K is 7 weeks old already, I wish time would slow down, I want him to stay a little baby for a bit longer

DH is booked in for a vasectomy on monday and Im not sure I want him to do it but he is insistent. I think Id have one more baby but if he is done, he's done. Still really sad to close the door on that chapter of our lives though.

Discharged from midwifery care too. Both the Midwife and I were a bit sad but I'll be attending their mums and bubs group at clinic every month so she can watch K grow up. I gave her a lovely picture framed of her holding Kit just after he was born. She said she'll hang it in the clinic which is cool!

Thanks Freya!

Glad to hear he is doing well, and getting chubby. Are you breastfeeding?

You're doing amazing with five children. I still can't imagine my DS being old enough to be a big brother, or having the energy to keep up with more than one! (Still getting used to not having 9 hours sleep each night... Ha!)

Yes exclusively breastfeeding. Im completely lazy and breastfeeding is just easier (and cheaper lol). We've gotten into a sort of rhythm now that only really gets ruined when Dh is home No ones been late for school yet and the house doesnt look to much like a bombs gone off and Im only about 50% zombified from broken sleep lol

ETA - we've been blessed with very flexible and calm babies considering we have 5 kids. So we arent an accurate portrayal of parenting babies lol

Beautiful, amazing, wow!! I cried... That was just beautiful. You're making me want to give birth again!

You look amazing. I love the scene where you are holding Kit, and smiling up at one of your big boys. What blessed little people to have such a loving mummy.

Have you written your birth story yet? You didn't use the birth pool?

Exclusively breastfeeding isn't lazy, it takes time & commitment! It was the one thing that I wouldn't consider any alternatives to, and the one thing that didnt happen for us glad it is going well for you.

And maybe the calm & flexible babies is a result of wonderful parenting

Awesome video Freya. Beautiful birth, and love watching baby Kit, and then when the big kids joined in. Thank you so much for sharing.

DD1 enjoyed your video too.

Our photographer did such an amazing job! Esp considering she had little to work with for the labour part haha When we got the pictures and film I have no idea she recorded so much of that morning so it was a very pleasant surprise to have the bits of the boys meeting the baby for the first time. It was also cool to see Kit born, they all talked about how alert he was coming out and how he looked at everyone but seeing it was mind blowing!
    Ive written my birth story up just havent posted it yet. And nope, didnt end up having time to use the birth pool. By the time the midwife arrived I knew Kit was so close to being born there is no way they could have got me off that bed lol

Hi Freya... I would love to se the film. Great birth story, am so pleased you got a homebirth for number 5!!!

I would love to see it to Freya if you don't mind ☺ it sounds wonderful. I am glad things are going well.
    My routine runs better when DH is not here too. What is itvabout daddies that excite and distract kids ☺.

Cricket, if your still popping in. I am so sorry. I hope your doing okay.

32ish wks now. Starts going even faster when fortnightly visits start. DH has been away for a week, will be home sometime today and will be away from April 6th until May 8th so things will probably stay at this time is flying rate.
    Everything is going great though. Finally narrowed down my birthing area options to two places. One is a carpeted area, so not sure about that but it is a room so more closed off. The other is the room behind our lounge that leads to our backyard. Bit strange sounding but it is a room with no clear name. Problem is it is right in the open and next to the toyroom.

Pm'd you Kazzo.

Ladybird, you'll need to clear your inbox before I can send the link

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Pm'd you Kazzo.

Ladybird, you'll need to clear your inbox before I can send the link
    All done!

Hi again ladies!
    Ummmm...... I think I might be back.
    We were supposed to wait a month before TTC again, and we tried, but we had one little slip up, and there's a faint line on the pregnancy test this morning.
    My guess is that I'm due somewhere in the neighbourhood of December 12. Not so surprised - I've been suspecting something was up for a few days now. I have a much better feeling about this one - I think it's going to stick. I'm also thinking pink. But I've been wrong more than half the time with my guesses so far. Time will tell.
    Hope all is well with you!
    And Freya - I'd love to see your birth video!

congratulations on your home birth freya

Congrats Cricket

Congrtulations and good to see you back so quickly.

33weeks now, just waiting waiting waiting.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast