Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cycles after implanon?

Question Cycles after implanon?

I'm having my implanon removed soon and would like to know any information regarding cycles after implanon., for those of you who have had it removed.

How long did it take for your cycles to regulate?
    How long did you initially have the implanon in for?
    If you ttc after having your implanon removed, how long did it take to get your bfp?

Any info you have would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks!

I only had the implanon in for 5mths (has it taken out due to bleeding all the time.) once it was out it only took one period then it was back to normal.

Thanks for your reply Lisa

Does anyone else have any info as well?

Default Cycles after implanon?

I had it for 4 years, my cycles were all over the place to start with. Af came within two weeks and it took a another two to get back to my 28 day cycle. I never had af with the implant in. I had it taken out in feb 06 and was preg in nov 06 we were planning on ttc but I was already pregnant.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I want to subscribe to this but the threadtools drops down behind the thread posts.

Anyway, my implanon expires in April 2011 so will be interested to see the responses to this thread so I can try to plan for TTC next year.

I used Implanon from August 2002 until August 2008 (2 rods for 3 years each). I had the rod removed as we were TTC and it took AF 10 weeks to reappear but that was once I had been diagnosed with PCOS and had commenced on metformin - the AF returned 2 weeks after I started the metformin.

My cycles were not regular because of the PCOS so it is difficult for me to say - also I got a BFP 5 months after having the Implanon removed (but only 2 cycles - long cycles because of the PCOS).

Hope that helps - any other questions - please let me know

double post
    Last edited by tk1999; May 18th, 2010 at 10:17 AM. Reason: double post

Default Cycles after implanon?

So it's been almost 2 weeks since I had it removed and still no period. Is this normal?

Whilst on implanon I had af roughly every 40 days, I haven't had af since 21st of April. I thought I would of had it by now considering af was quite regular while I was on implanon. This is so frustrating!!

I had my implanon in for about a year. We started TTC as soon as it came out and it took 5 months. I had a bleed about a month after but it was old brown blood. My first proper period was 2 months after removal. After that I had regular cycles till we managed to fall pregnant. Goodluck!!

ETA: I didn't have a single period for the year I had implanon so that could have affected why I had an old blood bleed first. I guess everyone is different depending upon how it affected you while you had it.
    Last edited by meow; June 6th, 2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: ETA

For me the same as lisaandshaun, I had it for 5months, took it out due to daily bleeding and onset of bipolar (the minute it came out of my arm I literally felt as if a dark cloud had been lifted out of me) and the bleeding stopped and I had a normal period about 4 weeks later, and from then on. Didn't TTC though.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I had mine taken out about a week ago after 3 years and 4 months (2 rods). Will be interesting to see how long it takes for AF to come.

I had mine taken out in August last year after it was in for about a year and a half, I'd been on depo before that though. No periods with it, AF returned about a month after it was taken out and was relatively regular straight away. Got my bfp in March

Anybody else? I'm having mine (my second, so in total have had it for 6 years) out on Friday.

How long did it take for your cycles to return?

3 weeks to get AF, a non-ov cycle 40 days long, then back to normal.

Anyone else?

still on the teaching contract roundabout

When I got mine out last April I had 2 cycles before falling pg. that said they were all different lengths - one was about the standard 28 and one was around 70 odd days and the cycle I fell pg was looking to be about 5 weeks (ov was 3 weeks in). I was still bfing 1-2 times in 24hrs at the time so I don't know if that had an impact on my cycles still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so sorry if I'm confusing you

I had 2 'full rods' ie used them the whole term & the 3rdonly for abt 6 mths or so. When ever I've come off it , I've usually given my body abt 6 months to regulate but have found that I start going normal on the first month. By going normal I mean get my period etc whereas when I'm on implanon I dont normally bleed. With dd we conceived abt 1 yr after the last one was taken out, the active 'trying' stage was only 6 months with lots of DH travelling. So I can't tell you exactly when it came back but my instinct feels like within a month or two.

Sent from my smart phone using Tapatalk.(Occasional fat fingers syndrome might occur)

Default help!

Hi guys

i know itsbeen a while since anyone posted here but i need some help

i had the implant inin march this year and had it out again on sep 28th so about 6 i had it in for and had it out cause i was it was playing havock with my body but the day i had it out i came off a 5 day period. that was 6 weeks 2 days ago and nothing at all since i have felt like i was comming on a couple of times but nothing and i did a hpt 2 weeks ago when af was due but was negative. any ideas??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast