Thread: Implanon Issues.... Little TMI

Default Implanon Issues.... Little TMI

So I was breastfeeding and my supply was up and down so the mini pill was too iffy, I was a little grossed out by the IUD and the only contracebtive (besides condoms) was the implanon so chose that. Started out fine and periods were very regular for 2 months. Then next period came and thought it'd be the same, I've hade a 4 week, very painful and uncomfortable period and it's driving me insane!

Has anyone else had this experience? What did you do? Did it resettle again?

About to go nuts but a 4 week wait to get into my dr and I really don't want to have to find another unless I have to. Is this normal or should i be concerned.

Thanks in advance!

Candy xo

hey momma, no advice on my behalf, but i am "in the market" for contracepties myself. will have to read up on this one. soz about the awful period ::hugs::

I had no period while I had an implanon so no help sorry. i put on a lot of weight with it and it made me very moody (or moodier LOL) so I got it removed after a year.

i have had it since may or about then. i had a 2 week spotting type period and then a heavier period for a few days and nothing since. i have heard though that it can be heavy and last for a long time.

mrsmac- how long did it take for you to realise that you were extra moody with it? i feel as if it may be affecting me in this way but not sure. is it something that happens from the get go or builds up?

LOL! DP says I've been moodier but had a bit on my plate with needing to pack pre visiting family so DP doesn't cop all the packing AND moving while bubs and I are east. Forgot to add I've been really tired too and I've lost weight (not complaining as I got pretty hefty).

Thanks for the input.

Moon Child-I have heard of quite a few good reports regarding implanon just seems I'm not one of them.

this happened to me, bleeding lasted 8 weeks and was very ehavy, i became aneamic and had it removed,
    it started off good but after 4 months was terrible
    i then had the mirena put in and never looked back well for a year anyway then took it out to fall pregnant

Thanks for everyone's replies!

Any IUD thoughts kinda creep me out but I'm wierd like that. Glad I'm not the only one that has issues with the inplanon. Think I might just go back on the pill I was on prior to pregnancy. Not breastfeeding now so it'd be safe. At least I know that agrees with me.... And made my skin blemish free.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollo View Post

mrsmac- how long did it take for you to realise that you were extra moody with it? i feel as if it may be affecting me in this way but not sure. is it something that happens from the get go or builds up?
    It took a while, I have depression so am on anti ds and was still worse with the implanon.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I have been in implanon for about 17.5 months. I get a period every 30-50 days, no set pattern to it. I usually bleed for about 2 weeks. Last time, I bled for 2 weeks, then stopped for a week and thought ok, that's good, then I bled again for a week. That's the worse I've had it (touch wood). Mine expires in April 2011 and I think I'll just stick with it because I'm used to the irregularity. I think though if I was like you and bled for 4+ weeks I would try something different.

I do get really, really bad PMS on implanon though. My poor DH. I think we have a major major fight and I want to leave him roughly every 30-50 days and it just so happens to occur on about day 2 of my period.

I had implanon awhile ago. At first it was okay, I would get a spotting type period every three months or so, but each time it would last longer and longer. It started off being a couple of weeks and after about a year and a half it lasted 8 weeks. It was at that point that I got it taken out because it seemed that there was no end in sight to my bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmac View Post
    it made me very moody (or moodier LOL) so I got it removed after a year.
    Just twigged today that I've been snappy of late. Realised after reading people's moods being affected that it all made sense. I started an arguement with DP about not putting his mug in the sink (VERY UNLIKE ME) and i realised it wasn't the first time I started arguing over something petty. Soooooo getting this thing out of my arm, I don't want to be grumpy anymore

let me know if it works 4 ya.