Thread: Inplanon and sex triggering bleeding

Question Inplanon and sex triggering bleeding

Ok i have had the implant for about 3 months

No proper period as such, but 99% of the time when i have sex (No not rough sex just sex) it triggers spotting, it can be heavy but most of the time just for the night and gone the next day.
    A few times it has lasted up to 2 days.

is this normal, does anyone else have this side effect?

beatrix- i have heard several people say this about the impantation.
    i personally am not on it as i have recently just had a baby. but before i was pregnant i was on depo provera which is the needle every 3months and i found i would sometimes bleed or spot after intercouse with my DP, or even sometimes just randomly without any sexual contact!
    i was thinking about getting the implantation as i fell pregnant whilst on depo provera but i have heard so many stories on break through bleeding that i have opted not to.
    maybe you should go see your dr and discuss it
    goodluck

I didn't have that particular side effect with the Implanon. Perhaps you should discuss this with your doctor?

Thinking of you.

Is it happening every time you dtd?
    I've found that it's happened to me once or twice but not every time.

i had similar before i got my mirena put in and even now its taken out i sometimes have bleeding after dtd. i went to my gp and she said in most cases its polyps on the cervix which reminds me to mention it to my gynae, i would mention it to your doc. hope this helps. my gp said polyps are harmless. xxxx

Thanks girls

and its not everytime i DTD but its more often then not. will make Dr app.

beatrix,
    i had the implanon in for 3 months, i had exactly the same problem except my bleeding would last for a few days at a time... i spoke to my gp and even went to another one to get a second opinion, they both said thats normal with the implanon, some people have no bleeding while others get the spot bleeding either sporadically or after sex... its completely normal... doc said it should go away after the first few months of it being put in... hopefully it will start regulating itself soon

cheers