Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who didn't tell their family/friends?

We didn't tell anyone the first time. My mum almost busted me though. I was supposed to be at work but instead was in hospital being induced due to PE. Mum rang the office looking for me, and they knew I was in hospital for tests but nothing else. Mum texted DH wondering what was happening so he told a fib. Got a good fright later on when i told her the baby was here.

Second time we only told parents who were looking after DS1.

A bit different as I had a c/s but we only told immediate family I was booked for following say and I kinda of regret it now as my HB family started telling everyone they knew and about 5pm that night all our friends new we would be havin bub the next day. It really ****ed me off cuz we wouldn't be able to do the whole surprise! Baby is here kinda thing.
    (also annoyed me cuz the same thing happened when we were about to tell everyone we were pregnant - it somehow got out to everyone before we had told others outside our family!) it kinda steals a little bit of the excitement for u and ur hubby.

If I could next time I would only tell my family cuz I know they can keep a secret but don't think HB would be happy with that!!

Quote Originally Posted by *LittleMissSummer* View Post
    I had a chat with DP about it further and we decided just to fib all together and claim they can't give us a definite date due to being busy etc etc and try make out i went naturally which fingers crossed i end up doing!
    Why do you need to fib at all? Just don't mention it. If anyone asks, just say baby will be here when it's ready then change the subject. Don't mention it at all on FB. When you go into labour, turn your phone & computer OFF. Both of you!

The only people we told were my parents & DH's parents, both times. DH's dad is his boss so we had to tell them as he needed the day off work. My parent's were looking after DS for DD's birth. They both came earlier on their own anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowellen View Post
    Why do you need to fib at all? Just don't mention it. If anyone asks, just say baby will be here when it's ready. When you go into labour, turn your phone & computer OFF. Both of you!

The only people we told were my parents & DH's parents, both times. DH's dad is his boss so we had to tell them as he needed the day off work. My parent's were looking after DS for DD's birth. They both came earlier on their own anyway.
    I've already mentioned that thursday i book my induction not really thinking i didn't want to be recieving calls/texts. So if we say that they couldnt give us a definite date and then have it a surprise it should keep everyone happy. But i do like the turning our phones off thing! Though knowing some of them they may call the hospital if we are unreachable...

We didn't. I was in & out of hospital with pre labour and ended up staying there and agreed to induction whilst there. Eventually we told my mum & sister that I was in labour and they come in but for no one else knew plus DH was with me the whole time, so he didn't have time to call people. We announced once all family knew.

We told my parents and DH's parents both times.

DH's parents live 10hrs away and DD was the first grandchild on that side and was also born on DH's dad's birthday. As we didn't know the date until a couple of weeks before delivery date my parents were in Perth when DD was born and didn't get to see her until she was a week old.

With the twins DH's parent had to get here the day beforehand so that they could look after DD for us until DH could get home late in the evening on the night they were born.

Another option is to tell people it's going to happen later than it actually is. My GF told everyone her c/s was scheduled for 10 days after it really was and it was a gorgeous surprise when her BA was made.

my story is a bit different...

i had to have a cervical stitch removed and had a good chance of going into labour within 48 hours so we only told our mums, and my belly buddies , that i was going in to have it done.
    As it turned out i didnt go into labour and was induced a few days later, again no one knew.
    we had a rough trot getting our DD so didnt want to be harassed in the last few weeks about whether she had arrived etc

Quote Originally Posted by PacRakMG View Post
    Another option is to tell people it's going to happen later than it actually is. My GF told everyone her c/s was scheduled for 10 days after it really was and it was a gorgeous surprise when her BA was made.
    i like this one!

I didn't tell anyone besides hubby and my doula. Once I had given birth we clearly said we only want specific people to come but somehow the whole world ended up arriving anyway, at least we got to make our own announcement and have a slight few moments of peace as a brand new family. Next time we aren't telling anyone and wont tell anyone for a few hours after

Quote Originally Posted by PacRakMG View Post
    I like that too!

We'll only tell family and close friends first and then announce over FB for everyone else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12