Thread: How many wake ups and how old?

Default How many wake ups and how old?

My almost 17-mo still loves a bit of night time boobie. She's recently gone from an average of one wake up per night to 2-3 and it's killing me again. Why must they fluctuate? I was just wondering who else's LO likes a midnight snack (and 3am... And 6am... Etc) and how old they are?

Yep, my DD2 (18mo) is waking through the night. Not really sure exactly how many times as I find it better not to know, we co-sleep. It seems much easier this time around as it is just expected/normal to me.

My DD1 was still waking fairly regularly at this age. She started sleeping through at 2yr 9mo (just before DD2 arrived so I could jump right back in lol) through no change on our part (didn't actively night wean, was still feeding to sleep at that point and did right till weaning 6mo later, still shared our room) so it ends even if you do nothing to inspire it. It was a bit after 2 when I could generally expect just a single wake up which then tapered out slowly over the following months. She is a brilliant sleeper now so no ill effects from all our 'bad habits', the opposite in fact. I guess that helps me through the hard points with DD2 too, seeing the potential outcome from DD1 or maybe my body has just adjusted after 4.5yrs lol.

At a minimum 3. Sometimes aver 1.5 hours.
    Sometimes she's awake for 3 hours overnight...

At 18 months my DD woke pretty regularly and a breastfeed was the only thing to get her back to sleep. She'd go to one wake up, then for a while back to three. Sometime between 18 months and two years she just stopped. Now a "bad" night is only one wake up in the early morning, it's great! And she no longer feeds back to sleep, just a pat on the back, tell her mummy is here, and she rolls over and goes back to sleep. No pushing on my part, she was just ready.

Mine were both 18-19 months before they could go all night without, but still needed water.

My (almost) 18 month old wakes twice most nights. He goes down in his bed first, and usually wakes and comes into my bed between 1 and 2.30am. He has a feed then and back to sleep. He then sleeps 3 hours ish, or lately has been starting to sleep til 7am ish. if he wakes the 2nd time, whether he feeds or not, he will usually then sleep in longer in the morning.

My DD started to sleep through 10 hours or so around 18 months, she had a waterbottle in her bed, and i'm hoping DS does soon too. She only had her first 5 hour sleep at 15 months, so big changes happened quite quickly, once she was ready.

Liebs stopped at about 10 months with the night feeds, but that was because he wasn't interested in feeding but rather playing when he woke in the night.

He stopped waking at night for water (right next to his bed, but screams until I hand it to him)/loo (screams until I take him, despite being able to walk himself)/too hot/too cold/nightmare/just woke up and so on... well, I'll come back and update when he does for at least five nights in a row. He's six and a half years old now.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kim~ View Post
    At a minimum 3. Sometimes aver 1.5 hours.
    Sometimes she's awake for 3 hours overnight...
    My DD is 16months and were in the same boat as Kim. Average of 3 wake ups and if not awake for a period of night she's up at 4.30. It's ridiculous. I can get her to sleep with a cuddle and rocking for the first wake up rest is boob. Won't sleep in our bed
    Last edited by Rosey; July 15th, 2013 at 09:23 PM.

DS is 2.5 and still wakes once over night...

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakabella View Post
    DS is 2.5 and still wakes once over night...
    Same but sometimes twice

Ds was waking 2-3 times at 2 and stopped only be ause I night weaned him at about 26 months. We cosleep.

I jinxed myself! musical beds here last night.
    Last edited by HotI; July 16th, 2013 at 07:00 AM.