Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If pregnancy resulted in weaning...

Default Re: If pregnancy resulted in weaning...

My DD didn't wean, but at 3 or 4 DPO we noticed, retrospectively, that she was switch feeding, going rapidly back and forth between the two sides. My reading suggests that the flavour changes almost straight away after conception.

Quote Originally Posted by luna moth View Post
    My DD didn't wean, but at 3 or 4 DPO we noticed, retrospectively, that she was switch feeding, going rapidly back and forth between the two sides. My reading suggests that the flavour changes almost straight away after conception.
    How old was your DD when this happened ? And did she get used to the taste and keep feeding or did she wean ? xo

Similarly, my first symptom of pregnancy was my daughter switching sides more often and not seeming happy at he breast. She continued to feed through the pregnancy.

I'm like Hotl and LunaMoth but my DD did wean eventually. She was 17 months and only on an evening and overnight feed by then.

LunaMoth that's interesting re the taste changing immediately after conception. I really noticed that with DD, I knew it wasn't supply as I could hand express still but she literally turned her mouth away from my nipple in distaste.

Okay, I think I can safely say I'm not pregnant. DD has refused but it's been in the context of saying "boobies!", me picking her up, her bursting into tears and saying " No no no!" And trying to get down, me putting her down and her bursting into tears saying, "boobies!" Repeat. She's not just doing this for boobies though but everything atm! Sure knows how to drive Mummy crazy!

Plus 2 of the nights she didn't end up having a bedtime feed, she had a midnight one.

DD didn't go cold turkey immediately though it was a slippery slope.

Well AF is due on Friday so we shall see!

It came on Wednesday and she has BF a few more times lately

Hmm maybe she is just slowly preparing to self-wean? Or just going through one of those have no idea why my baby is doing what's she's doing phases.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinZulu View Post
    Supply dropped significantly by 6 weeks (8 weeks post ovulation), and tapered off completely to the point that DD1 was forced to wean at 16 weeks (18 weeks post ovulation).
    Pretty much this for me too. Except that it was 5 weeks where i noticed and then 17 weeks was the last feed. I felt quite bummed about it but DD2 was totally not loving the taste and frustrated at the whole caper that she gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove View Post
    Or just going through one of those have no idea why my baby is doing what's she's doing phases.
    Yeah that's totally it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12