Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If pregnancy resulted in weaning...

Default If pregnancy resulted in weaning...

If your LO stopped BFing because you fell pregnant, how long after ovulation was it?

Default Re: If pregnancy resulted in weaning...

At least 12 weeks. I would say they got fussy before that, but I can't really remember how early. My kids got fussy when AF came too though, so I could never be sure!

Dd weaned around 22 weeks of pregancy

DD1 didn't wean, but significantly increased demand (in an attempt to get volume back) and then dropped right back in feeds at the 12-16 week mark. If she was going to wean, I think this is when she would have done so.

Supply dropped significantly by 6 weeks (8 weeks post ovulation), and tapered off completely to the point that DD1 was forced to wean at 16 weeks (18 weeks post ovulation).

As you know Phe, my DD started refusing feeds very early on- before my bfp at 11 dpo. Then as the pregnancy progressed she completely self-weaned, so I would have been about 10 weeks. My case seems to be the extreme though and before I fell pregnant she had weaned down to just one feed during the day (bedtime) and whenever she woke during the night, which was sometimes twice, mostly once, sometimes not at all. But the refusal and the early pregnancy were not coincidental.

in 2 pregnancies, my kids have changed breastfeeding behaviour before I knew I was pregnant. one pregnancy, child continued to feed throughout. other pregnancy, both children weaned (I was tandem feeding at the time), dd quite early, ds a month later.

DD1 weaned right at the beginning. In hindsight she was probably my first pregnancy symptom.

Me too Kazzo.

Ugh, I hate that I can post here... But I think it's time to face facts and admit that DD has pretty much weaned I'm almost 39w now, and her last real breastfeed was maybe a month ago She's tried a couple of times since but seems to have forgotten what to do. I'm hoping she'll be able to get it back once baby's born... But that's probably wishful thinking I don't think it was so much that I lost my milk or anything, it's more that one of my nipples got so sensitive I could only feed on one side, then I started having pain if I was laying on that side for too long so I'd start to push her away before she was fully done

Wanted to add, I noticed a supply drop right away, the same day I got my BFP, which was 11dpo. But it didn't decrease dramatically until 6 weeks.

Teni. It took me awhile to acknowledge DS weaning, cos i just wasn't ready for it. If you are still keen, some kids do come back to breastfeeding when the milk comes back in. Tandem feeding has its own set of benefits and difficulties, so if you and DD are happy with how your breastfeeding journey went, it also might be a nice time to finish and you get a little break before baby comes and you start again.

take care

DS weaned before 12 weeks. I can't remember exacctly, but everything was so sensitive, I was kinda glad.

Dd2 stopped around the 12 week mark, she was exclusively bf no solids as she wasn't interested until she picked up dd1's milk bottle and she refused to even try bfing afterwards. She still didn't have solids until she was 1 she was 10.5 months from memory, I remember dh's nanna being surprised that I was pregnant as she was convinced it wasn't possible while bfing!

I continued to breastfeed through my second pregnancy, and beyond. Pregnancy number 3 was a different story though. Around week 17 it became apparent the milk was gone. DS was not nursing the same, it felt 'wrong'...and so began weaning. By 35 weeks we were no longer a breastfeeding pair. I was sad, as I had expected to continue and tandem feed as I had done with the first two. So I guess in answer to the OP, weaning began 15 weeks post ovulation.

About 6 months pregnant and DD1 weaned.

Thanks all

Hey Phe I just checked my fertility friend notes and DD's first instance of breast refusal was indeed early, about 4 DPO, give or take a day if O occurred a day earlier or later than FF said it did. Just saying ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast