Thread: Mixed feelings, always mixed feelings.

Default Mixed feelings, always mixed feelings.

You know, it's funny. On one hand I'm really proud to be writing this...and on the other I'm really sad to say that it looks like my little guy has decided 'boobie' is for babies!

Buster has been having one feed in the mornings for months and months, as well as the occasional night feed when needed. After his brother self weaned around 14 or 15 months old, I was hopeful that we would make it to two years. We're about a week off turning 21 months and for the last couple of days he's just laughed at me

Like I said, I'm really proud of myself and proud of Buster for deciding for himself that he was ready. But of course I feel really emotional and a bit sad that that stage of my life is now over. I'm thankful that I will actually remember the last time he fed, he was up overnight and so it was just him and I in the half-light and I kind of had a feeling that it was coming to an end so I took it all in.

Not many people knew I was still feeding Buster, it just never came up. When Moo had his 4th birthday party a couple of weeks ago Buster found someone's baby doll and proceeded to sit up and feed it. Everyone said how cute it was that he was cuddling the doll but then I pointed out he was giving it a feed of course! That memory will always make me laugh

How beautiful Hestia. Big hugs - I know how emotional it can be! How wonderful that he's chosen this himself though.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

How beautiful, well done on feeding for as long as you have, him deciding himself he has finished is so special. Hugs and this emotional time xoxo

Well done !!!

Gentle hugs Hun.. Be kind to yourself, you are probably having a bit of a hormonal shift so be kind

And rest assured he is getting a good hit - you'll be producing weaning milk now which is higher in all sorts of antibodies and good stuff to see him in good stead for the future xx

Thanks girls, means a lot. Am alone tonight as DH works nights so have had a wine and a little cry

Congratulations on completing such an important and precious journey with your little boy.

Congratulations on this milestone! For me weaning was certainly a process and sadly mine was parent led for both children at 2 years and five months for dd and 2 years and 3 months for ds.

Go gently. It is a big emotional change.

Thank you ladies.

You know I never thought I'd remember, but I still do DD1s. Glad you got to take it all in.

What a beautiful way to end a beautiful journey, I can so relate to the bittersweet feeling of that part of your life being over.

Congratulations on feeding your babies for so long, you've done so well!