Thread: almost 1yo and doesn't like lumpy food??

Default almost 1yo and doesn't like lumpy food??

DS can handle pureed food and he can handle BLS type food (chunks of banana, sandwich, etc, etc) but give him something in between he refuses to touch it.

SO for example, last night, he had the last of a frozen block of spag bol that I had pureed with mashed brocoli and mash potato, and he gulped it down. Tonight, I made him a chilli con carne without the chilli, and rather than puree it down, I left it as it was (with diced onion, capsicum, mushroom, etc) and he wouldn't have a bar of it - just pulled it straight out of his mouth.

By his age, DD had been eating meals as I made them for us for at least a month. Mind you, she had a few more teeth, so maybe I started earlier. But what can I do to encourage him to eat the more lumpier versions or will it just take time?

does he eat them if you let him feed himself? Im not big on mess but if I let Milly attemt to spoon feed herself that kind of food she eats it but if I spoon feed her she spits it out. When she is busy I can sneak a few spoonfuls in We end up with alot of food in the hair too...hers and mine

L was the same. He liked his food smooth till about 14 months. I just kept trying and he got there eventually. I think he was too lazy to chew. Lol

my oldest boy didnt like lumpy food either but i just perserveared and just kept offering it to him he eventually got there

goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by Party-of-five View Post
    does he eat them if you let him feed himself? Im not big on mess but if I let Milly attemt to spoon feed herself that kind of food she eats it but if I spoon feed her she spits it out. When she is busy I can sneak a few spoonfuls in We end up with alot of food in the hair too...hers and mine
    Some times he likes to feed himself (with me guiding the spoon or else it ends up in his ear ) but other times not so fussed.

Beautitude and mizqtie- nice to know DS isn't the only one then, thought I'd done something wrong as DD was eating alot lumpier food at this age, but I suppose each child is different!