Thread: Best little machine to puree first solid foods? Recommendations please!

Default Best little machine to puree first solid foods? Recommendations please!

I've seen a few machines in the baby shop for pureeing foods. Are they any good? Or do you use a small kitchen whizzer? I'd like to use something just for her solids as I do meat etc in my main food processor. Any recommendations would be great

My mum bought me a second hand little food processor called an Oskar. It will only do one or two cups at the most. But I never used it. Why not just use your normal big processor?

A fork.

If your budget can stretch to it I'd say a thermomix. I'm seriously lusting after one myself. You get the benefit of being able to cook the food and then puree it all in the one thing so quick with time and minimal washing up. In the past my "machine" has been a potato masher

I was chatting with girlfriends the other day about "push presents" and how they're supposedly the latest thing with jewellery seeming to be an "appropriate" present after giving birth. Personally, I'm happy with a healthy baby but my wish list for a push present would be a thermomix or a stokke! Much more useful than a pair of diamond earrings ;-)

I have had a thermomix for a couple of years.. but did baby led weaning so its never made puree for that LOL

Bamix or other stick blender. Cheap as and mine only ever gets used for pureeing baby food, pancake batter, smoothies or other cake batter. So I'm happy with that.

Or, yeah, a fork

I just used a stick blender

For fine puree i used stick blender, was perfect. And now use fork or potato masher.

Stick blender on special buy at Aldi from Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    A fork.
    Ahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    A fork.
    And then in the very next post....

Quote Originally Posted by LuluHB View Post
    a thermomix.
    That made me LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Epacris View Post

That made me LOL!
    Bahaha me too!

hee hee

low budget = fork
    med budget = stick blender
    high end = thermomix

great we have choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Epacris View Post

That made me LOL!
    Yeah. Made me laugh too. Its even more laughable to think I'll actually ever HAVE a tmx but hey, a girl can dream, or the very least live vicariously through sweetpeajan buying one!!

Stick blender in the begining when I wanted a finer puree. One I got wasn't expensive had stick plus the bowl for chopping and I use a lot in normal cooking now that I no longer have to worry about purees etc. Fairly sure I paid less then $20 (maybe even $15) for mine. Well worth the money!

Lol yes it is funny!! I should've added that I love gizmo's. Hmm a thermomix. Not sure DH will go for that! What can you cook in them out of interest?

Might go with the stick blender from Aldi!

You can cook everything I think, and cut out heaps of refined foods because you use ingredients in its more natural state, and then grind it to whatever you need - so use raw sugar to make white sugar, icing sugar etc. A friend had a tmx party last year and wanted one so decided the only way she could afford it was to become a consultant so now she sells them too. Keep waiting for her to have some special "just for friends" deal of $29.95 with a free set of steak knives but not holding my breath!!

In all seriousness I would love one, but the $2,000 price tag is pretty hefty