Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BLW or rice cereal or purees????

Default Re: BLW or rice cereal or purees????

One of the great things about BLW is that you don't prepare separate meals, you just share what you're having

I still make some baby stuff and freeze it, eg fish fingers, meatballs, zucchini slice, so that I can grab something out for lunch, especially if we will be out and about or if I am in a rush. My DD eats earlier than us most of the time, and sometimes we have stuff she wouldn't eat like hot curries etc, so I do make separate stuff about 50% of the time or hers is an adapted version of what we are eating. There's a good blog I found by a woman who puts up recipes for BLW, I use her stuff a lot, google my lovely little lunchbox.

Thanks girls :-) think I'm just paranoid & unsure as different to doing purees like I did with dd1!?! MadB I still remember how used to be told to do same food for 3 days for allergies, is it diff with blw? Did pumpkin chunks dd2 was so excited you could see, she reached out for the bowl...couldn't wait, squished it a bit, straight in mouth & then very obviously didn't like it haha...neither did her big sister with pumkin! Should I do pumpkin again tomorrow or can I try different....thinking banana, think both girls have my sweet tooth! ;-) I borrowed blw book by jill rapely(?) Which says no need to do same food for 3 days, just wanted to see what others have done, not trusting myself! Saffy thanks so much will check it out, I get all ' creative' & enjoy recipes etc with baby food but not as, much with 'normal' food hah!! :-)

I give everything, you don't need to wait now, they changed the guidelines. Have fun and enjoy the mess lol!

Hahaha thanks Saffy :-) I have a mess mat but she has a good arm lol!! :-) in & out today so will go with banana as it's portable! Have a great day and thanks again :-)

The allergy guidelines have changed, yes. Unless you note a reaction to something - and if you have a family history of allergies you may want to be a bit more cautious - there's no need to delay anything or go so slow.
    The broader the range of foods available to them, the broader their palate will be.
    Remember, also, that some of these suggestions for introducing solids that are still around are geared to 3-4 month old babies who cannot sit up or chew and swallow and so are at significant risk of choking, whereas if you wait till your baby is ready to actually eat, then they can handle it all themselves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12