Thread: Cereal for a 1 y.o???

Default Cereal for a 1 y.o???

Im having abit of trouble with choosing cereal for my 1 y.o DD. She currenty has porridge one day and weetbix the next. After her cereal she has 1/2 peice of toast.

Is there any other cereals out there that are sutible for a 1 y.o?

If you have a look at the Choice website they have a big table of breakfast cereals and rate their sodium, sugar and fibre levels. They dont have the actual numbers but you can find that on the individual manufacturers website. That might be a good starting point :-)

Honestly I just give Tara Farex Apple musli, she loves it. She also had a banana in the morning and some yogurt too.

I would go with no.

Charlotte has weet bix or porrdige, or museli. I wouldnt even consider giving her anything else

*burp*
    Last edited by LimeSlice; October 31st, 2009 at 04:17 PM.

Leash - thanks, ill have a look

Mishca - ohh yogurt.. didnt even think of that. She usually has it for lunch. thanks

LimeSlice - yeah there isnt much for us to give our lil ones hay. So full of crap most of them. I was just hoping there was another cereal out there that was nutricous and im just missing it... Is museli like the same as porridge just with dried fruits??

If you have a large health food shop or organic supermarket there are some good choices. Really though if she is having gluten and wheat then what you are giving her. Weet-bix is very refined so personally I would stick to the oats. If you soak them over night and add some sultanas, apricots, some almond meal. That is yummy. Basically anything in a packet *usually* is processed to within an inch of it's life!

Yoghurt and fruit is a good choice and if you even consider trying rice bread with wholegrains - I buy a really dense one that's a meal on its on. You can smear it with fruit spread (Dalfours have one with no sugar just the fruit), or butter if she is eating dairy. That's yummy to top off the bowl of cereal..