Thread: Cooled Boiled Water for a Baby

Default Cooled Boiled Water for a Baby

Just wondering if it is alright to give a 3 month old cooled boiled water? I can't remember if I did with my first baby but it is quite hot in our house at the moment and I'm a bit concerned our little man may get a bit dehydrated.

are you BFing or FFing? if you're BFing i would just offer BF more often & your LO will let you know what he needs. not sure about FF though, sorry!

Are you breastfeeding? If so then make sure you are drinking lots of fluids and just offer the breast a bit more often. Your baby won't need anything else.

If you are FF then a small amount of cooled boiled water should be ok just to give your baby a bit more fluid.

Thank you!

I think with FF they advise no more than 30mLs, which in my experience is alot for a 3 month old to drink in one go. If babies at this age have too much water it can be harmful because their kidneys can't process it properly. Hope it cools down for you soon, I never enjoy the warm days.

Yeah I won't give him much, just enough to keep his mouth from getting a bit dry! He is drinking quite a lot, he is a big boy and sometimes polishes off 240ml! Can't believe how much he eats LOL
    Hopefully I won't have to worry about it after tomorrow, we are in a new house and have no blinds on all the back windows (just sheets on the front ones) and tomorrow we finally get our blinds installed! Should keep the house a bit cooler thank goodness!

you can give them a wet face washer to suck which can cool them down.