Thread: Easy Winter Lunch Ideas?

Question Easy Winter Lunch Ideas?

I just KNOW all you lovelies will have some brilliant fresh ideas for my little one.

At the moment A is loving oranges so she is having half an orange with lunch which i think is GREAT coming into the cooler months BUT the cold weather is upon us and i would like some new ideas for some preferably healthy lunches that we can both share.

At the moment she is not a fan of egg, doesn't seem too interested in baked beans or spaghetti (unless it's my bolognaise) so what have you got for me.

Oh and please don't leave those things out, i hope other people can get some useful tips from in here aswell.. so hit me with EVERYTHING you have!

DD was having pumpkin soup yesterday that I made and was dipping chicken nuggets in there

left overs!! if you do slow cooker food, leftovers for lunch rocks!

toasted sangas with meaty fillings (home made spag is good)

soups - i am hoping E gets a hankering for soup just like her mummy!

make mini quiches and bulk and freeze - i know she's not keen on egg, but it might be a way to try her on them

little sausage rolls - we do a mix of sausage mince and normal good quality mince and then add vegies - yum!

have others but bubba grump waking up

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Toasted sandwiches
    Quiche
    Soup soup soup!
    Sausage rolls or pies
    Chicken nuggets
    Fried rice
    Chicken wings
    Slow cooker stews etc

Ok will throw in some of my own aswell

Fish Fingers - on a healthy level how BAD are these????
    Fresh Orange & Pineapple
    Mini Pita Bread Pizza - ham, cheese & pineapple

She seems to have gone off toasted sandwiches and cheese

Am thinking i might figure out her favourite slow cooker meals and then one day do a cook-up to be frozen for lunches, i also have a sachet for a slow cooker soup that i should give a go.

Hmm keep them coming everyone, also quiches, do you eat them warm or cold? i don't eat eggs myself so just thought i'd ask so if i make them for her i know the best way to eat.

Also does anyone know the best way to make home made chicken nuggets, what do i need to use other than breadcrumbs, i would prefer to do them in the oven rather than deep fry.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I dont really like quiche but will occasionally eat it hot.

Chicken nuggets I buy inghams ones and cook in oven

Tuna or Salmon patties

Pancakes

Tuna and pasta in cheesy sauce with vegies

Mini muffin pizzas

Cheesymit scrolls

I make Zuchhini slice, but cook it in a muffin pan then freeze indvidually. so I can pull one out for lunch, warm up in the microwave.

My children aren't big on eggs but like zuchhini slice as you can't really taste the egg.

Hey ~ Zarava Flutterby ~

What a great thread you have started here! We are still in experimental stages here but just yesterday we made and tried quiche, not much of a winner here yet but I was able to cut into nice 'handling sizes', maybe thats an option.

As for the chicken nuggets made some the other day crumbed in polenta, huge success although a little dry so perhaps a dipping sauce.

Good luck with it and I cant wait to see all the ideas that pop up.

we had chicken noodle soup that i made this morning, for DD2 (14 months) i added come cubes of bread to her bowl to soak up the liquid and made it easier for her to eat, she loved it

Yummy thread. Everything we eat is already on here. We do also have crumpets too. Oh what about pikelets? I know there is a recipe on here with fruits like bananas and berries in them. Olive can you please share your chicken noodle soup receipe - i've been searching for one.

savoury muffins? for with soup or vegies and dip.

We have everything already said plus raisin/fruit toast, savoury or sweet pikelets, scrambled eggs on toast, fruit with egg yolk custard. Think the favourite at the moment is pumpkin soup and toasted cheese sandwiches!

We both had salmon mornay today. It is good cause its kind of thick it sticks to the spoon as we do BLS so she feeds herself.

Tuna patties are antother favourite.

Steamed vege sticks are nice on a cool day to warm you up and even these diped in pumpkin soup if you are wanting to go down BLS road.

We sometimes do tomato and cheese melted on toast or avocado,chicken and cheese melts just depending on what I have at home.