Thread: healthy filling breakfast for 2.5 yo??

Default healthy filling breakfast for 2.5 yo??

we have porridge nearly every morning.. this is my doing because i feel its filling (dd isnt a great eater)
    she eats pretty good in the morning and i want to mix it up a little.. still being relatively healthy (not a fan of just giving her a bowl of rice bubbles ) and quite filling and heavy (because she is a grazer - which drives me mad - but im just trying to work with it)

any ideas would be amazing

I was going to suggest prorridge.

Maybe you could try a weetbix or other cereal and add some fruit with it. Sometimes as a treat my boys get rice bubbles but I put some two fruits on top.

I too was going to say porridge the rolled oats style not quick oats. My kids have it with mixed berries or fresh fruit that's in season at the time. One has sugar the other doesn't. Untoasted museli and add extra dried fruit in it to make it tastier or a banana with it. Grainy Toast with egg if she likes egg and you have time to make it.

We do eggs for breakfast here-super healthy My little one has a scrambled egg, 1/2 rasher organic bacon, some avocado and sauerkraut.

Making up a frittata and having a piece for breakfast is good too.

eggs work really well in my house- and making scrambled eggs is as quicj as porridge. I add some grated cheese to it and each of my boys eat a couple. sometimes they have them in a soft wrap with some avo and tomato. sometimes just as it is
    We also do soft boiled eggs and soldiers some days - but i need more time for that

I also make bircher muesli (its quite quick) some nights for the next morning - which they love.

Also 'banana toast' - mashed banana and cinnamon on wholegrain/rye/seeded toast. this is a huge hit.

Pancakes are also a good option in our place - i make the batter the night before and just cook a few for them (this is a treat though, as not as filling as other options)

Weet-bix with cut up banana or strawberries, home made pancakes (egg, flour, milk) with cut up fruit on top?

Banana pancakes are great as a treat.

Flour, milk, egg (we don't eat egg so leave that out), a banana and a bit of honey.

DS loves them.

We usually have weetbix our fruit toast.

Creamy rice- rice cooked in half water /half milk, with honey and cinnamon for flavour.
    Muesli with strawberries, honey and greek yogurt.

Alternatively, you could just cook up some veges. Who says breakfast has to be cereal/ egg? In india they have rice.