Thread: Nuby Infafeeder - bizarre

Default Nuby Infafeeder - bizarre

I was in Target yesterday checking out the baby sale & the Nuby rep was giving these out for free. When she gave it to me I though it was just a bottle & the fact that it was made with BPA free soft plastic was the reason it was new. When I got home and opened it it has a spoon at the end instead of a teat and you are supposed to put (extremely well pureed) food in the bottle and squeeze it out onto the spoon to feed baby. Even if I wasn't intending to do BLS I wouldn't use it was the food would have to be so thin as to be liquid rather than solid. I think its the weirdest baby feeding product I've seen.

Oh, yeah & its marked 3m+

my mum, sister and myself were all given one, We actually think they're quite a good idea and the food wouldn't have to be liquid just pureed and bub wont be able to grab the bowl or stick their hands in it but each to their own

We might have been at Target at the same time! Also the bottle seems huge - when they are on really pureed solids they don't actually eat that much at a time.

maybe
    yeah they are quite large

Quote Originally Posted by Jessey View Post
    my mum, sister and myself were all given one, We actually think they're quite a good idea and the food wouldn't have to be liquid just pureed and bub wont be able to grab the bowl or stick their hands in it but each to their own
    They learn so much through touch, so whilst it is messy, it is quite a good thing to let them get their hands involved.

i never used to mind at home (Lyla's the messiest baby i've seen) its more when you're out i was thinking, maybe i should've said that

3 mths +??? Wow, I hope no one is taking that advice, the WHO says 6 mths and even health professionals in Australia don't recommend any food other than milk for babies younger than 4 mths.

I would personally consider writing to the company and pointing out that their labelling is outside of what every health professional recommends for babies.