Thread: Rafferty's Garden purees

Default Rafferty's Garden purees

Once opened, can these be frozen as I would for vegies I have cooked/mashed myself?

I don't think DD is going to eat all of it within the 48 hours they state on the packaging and would like to be able to freeze the rest of it instead of having to throw it out.

I asked this question a while back on another forum and no one could answer me, they did suggest that I email raffertys but I never got around to doing it. I honestly could not see why you couldnt freeze it.
    Sorry I didnt help much

I would assume that as long as it was frozen within the 48hr time frame and the actual packet hadnt been contaminated, (by bub sucking on it!! LOL, thats how my DS eats them!!) there wouldnt be a problem.
    I have friends who freeze them (but unopened) to give to their kiddies like slushies.

Ishould have googled first..lol

Just found this on their website...

Can I freeze your product?
    As the food is 100% natural and there are no additives it is fine to freeze and then later defrost the products after they have been packed in an airtight container. Please ensure that you exclude as much air as possible to prevent freezer burn. Defrost ONLY in your refrigerator or microwave and consume this product immediately after it is defrosted. Although this product can be frozen, Rafferty?s must emphasise that as this is a fresh, natural product; that is best served from the packet or within 48 hours from opening.
    So I guess I can freeze it in icecube trays then just put the cubes in a ziplock bag like i do for her other food.

Thanks for your replies Salad & Starrysky