Thread: Reccommend baby bowls to me

Default Reccommend baby bowls to me

Well as the title suggests I need some suggestions for some baby crockery / bowls / plates etc. DS is doing some BLS and some of me feeding - but he is requiring more BLS I feel. Loves to get his hands IN THE FOOD!!! So I'm after some plastic bowls or plates etc which will stay on the table. His high chair does not have a tray as I prefer him to be 'at the table' - so to speak. Do I need ones with suction etc. What are the 'never fail' brands - if there are any. I'm after something very sturdy that stays in place. I'm sure the BB mums will know what I mean. DS is also very strong and manages to turn EVERYTHING upside down / throw it from the table so any extra tips are welcome.

Roses, I'm a bit slack....I put DS's food on the table. He can turn the most adult proof suction bowl upside down, so I don't bother. Anything that can't just go in front of him as is (for example last night we had laksa) we hand to him.
    Sorry that wasn't much help.....

We tried a bunch of bowls and our favorite by far was the "Boon suction cup bowl" It stays really firmly attached to the tray and has this rubber catching spout which directs most dropped food back into the bowl.

Whatever bowls you end up buying make sure the suction part is attached to the bowl & not a separate piece that twist locks on. DD could untwist it & it would end up everywhere.
    Target have some but Im not sure what brand they are, tommee tippee maybe?

That was one of the things I liked about eh Boon bowl, the suction cup is permanently attached to the bowl.

I've also got a high chair that sits at the table without a tray. I bought a Stokke table top tray which has suction pads that keep it stuck to the table (if you google it or go to the stokke website you should be able to see what I am talking about).

It's great I just put his food straight on there and then wipe it clean when he's done. I think they're great cos they protect your table from being damaged (particularly when they get to the stage of banging their cutlery on the tabletop and you can use them for drawing etc when they get older. They are a bit pricey (about $100) but I figured it was a good investment because I am sure we will be using it for many years to come.

Thanks Ladies,

Miss E - I also have the tripp trapp and love the chair. You may have sold me on the table top. Is it very sturdy? I just don't want to spend the money only for it to hit the floor along with the spoon etc.

Twin sister - thanks for suggesting the boon. I have seen them on the internet but they always seem to be sold out. Will hunt further. thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by roses View Post

Miss E - I also have the tripp trapp and love the chair. You may have sold me on the table top. Is it very sturdy? I just don't want to spend the money only for it to hit the floor along with the spoon etc.
    Yep it is very sturdy, there is no way that my DS could get it off of the table. It's really easy to clean and provides good protection for your table top. It also comes with 6 different backgrounds which you can change to suit their age. I have the tripp trapp chair too and love it. Like the chair they are expensive for what they are, but I looked around and nobody makes anything like it. I figure they will use them for a long time to come so it is worth the investment.