Thread: Starting solids and poos

Question Starting solids and poos

Sorry this is probably going to sound like a really stupid question.

Have just started my five month old on solids. We started last Wednesday and had rice cereal (Bellamys Organic) and had this Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. On Sunday night and tonight he has had pumpkin. He appears to love both and gobbles it all up. Started on 1 teaspoon of rice cereal on Wednesday and he took a tablespoon of pumpkin tonight. I am still offering him 6 BFs per day.

My only concern is he doesn't appear to be doing poos like he used to. Normally he would poo either every day or definitely every second day. He did huge poo on Saturday (didn't do any on Thursday or Friday) and hasn't poo'd since. Does this look like he is getting a bit constipated? Saturdays poo was normal runny consistency. How long should I leave him before I get concerned or any suggestions as to what I should do?

TIA

Because he is breastfed he shouldn't get constipated. it could just be that it is taking a bit longer to get through his digestive system. Unless he is pooing small hard balls he isn't constipated, so if they are still normal consistency I wouldnt worry too much