Thread: Throwing food

Default Throwing food

My dd is almost 1 and has always been a messy eater, we do BLW so expect a mess (and get one lol)

her latest habit is to throw her food, she always used to drop some things over the edge of the highchair but now she full on pitches stuff everywhere. I know it's a sign of being finished as well as I guess just an experiment, but should we be trying to curtail this or is she too young to stop a behaviour. She will continue eating if stuff is put back on her tray so I don't want to finish the meal as soon as she does this as she is small anyway and not a massive eater.

We try and eat most meals at the table with her, at least 1 or two a day anyway, to model normal table manners. At the moment we say 'no' in a firm voice when she does it and take what's left on the tray away until she stops then give some stuff back.

What have other people done? I don't want to make a big deal of it but I'm not sure if I should be just leaving it or starting to get on too of it now.

Default Re: Throwing food

I used to just get him down when Buster started chucking his food around.

We did the same as you, take it away and if she still wanted more gave a bit back. Just keep repeating if she kept throwing it, if she just never ate it we'd stop the meal.

Thanks, will just keep on the same then!

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Saffy can I just say hee hee I know it's not funny.... But it kind of is lol
    If I could just throw stuff around and not have to clean up it I probably would too
    Gorgeous little thing your DD is!

It is funny! We have to stop laughing at it cos it encourages her lol, she is a cheeky monkey alright :-)

We got a dog & chooks, lol.

When vic went through it we took away the food and gave him one or two bits, they got thrown. No more for him. He learned fairly quick not to do it. He's a pigglett like that