Thread: What brand of rice cereal did you start with?

Post What brand of rice cereal did you start with?

Hi

Just wondering what brand of rice cereal did you offer your babies when you started solids. We aren't going to be starting for a little while but want to be prepared and informed. Hope eventually to be able to do most of his food myself but will probably start on the usual rice cereal. What did you offer and why?

Thanks

Raffertys Garden, and DS loves it

I buy Raffertys Garden too. DS loved it. I started DD on it this morning because she hasn't put on hardly any weight for 2 months (25grams) so we seen the nurse yesterday and we have to try to get her weight up asap. She seemed to like it this morning and she kept it down which is always a good bonus lol.

I actually didn't bother with rice cereal at all. If you're hoping to do most of his food yourself, why not check out our Baby-led solids area and see if that's something that interests you? You can skip rice cereal all together!

Bellamy's Organic here

we skipped rice cereal here as well. we're doing a mixture of BLS & spoon-feeding and as we waited until 6 months & have no allergies in the family we jumped straight in to other foods. DS has had the rafferty's garden banana porridge (which he liked) but he also loves regular porridge, kids weetbix, yoghurt & toast so i don't think i'll bother getting it again because there's no real need.

ooh yep, weetbix and toast fan here too, DS loves them.

We skipped it too, but he has had the Rafferty's Garden banana porridge which he liked. Otherwise we just went straight on to porridge, kids weetbix and toast and yoghurt for breakfast, going with the baby led solids approach most of the time.