Thread: What did you start with?

Default What did you start with?

We're starting DD on solids and she had her first taste of farex last night.
    She didn't seem keen on it, so if she still won't take it is it OK for me to give her something else??

I've got apple, sweet potato, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot purees in the freezer. All frozen into ice cube trays and then put into freezer bags.

So, is farex necessary?? Or would it be better for her to start on some veggies?

I can't really remember what I gave DS when we first started, but I did puree his food - mostly vegies mixed together - but he also got pureed pear and apple that he loved. He hated farex, so I got the flavoured one - think its Heinz? Can't really remember. Banana flavoured was his fav.

With the two girls I did BLS, so no baby cereal, just whatever we were having - I just prepared them a dish as well and they ate with us. Soooo much easier and quicker than preparing them seperate meals!

We did Farex and little man didn't mind that until we tried Pumpkin and omg that was a huge hit!! Then we moved on to Sweet Potato, Apple and Carrot, all by themselves although he did like Carrot and Aplenty together.. We then started using mixes from Annabelle Karmel's Top Baby Pur?e's Book and every single one of them was popular with him, even DH was a bit of a fan of some of them lol... We also followed baby led solids in the way he got chunks to munch on alongside his pur?e, it worked well and he is an utterly brilliant eater, we've never had a problem getting him to eat anything at all, current favourites are Broccoli, Peas, Lamb & Cheese.. Good luck!

We started with soft fruits and steam veges, so pears, peas, brocolli, because they were soft there was no need to puree them and Harlee could feed herself.

Thanks guys.

Gonna try her on a bit of pureed carrot later if she still doesn't seem keen on farex. Who blames her?? Farex is pretty gross. Even for a bubba!

DS' first food was when he grabbed some orange off my mum Then we gave him pieces of steamed verg - carrot and brocolli are good ones as they have natural 'handles'
    Farex is shocking stuff, no need for it at all.

I did find that Harlee wasn't keen on being fed by us, she was (and still is ) alot more likely to eat things if she is able to hold it herself.

Some pieces of steamed carrot and broccoli, and some banana.

some bread when DS grabbed it from the table . the first food we actually chose to give him was regular porridge. he also loved yoghurt. we didn't do farex at all & did a mix of purees and BLS.