Thread: What do YOU think is the best first food?

Default What do YOU think is the best first food?

I've been pondering this lately as most parents I meet seem to have a set idea about the first food they will give their child (rice cereal, apple puree etc etc). I don't think they are "right" or "wrong" but I was wondering what the most popular choice of food is from grains/cereals, fruits/vegetables, meat, other protein (nuts/lentils etc), other (explain).

I had hoped to do a poll but I can't make one and I'm too impatient to PM admin So add your comments below.

What do YOU think is the best first food?

Grains/cereals

Fruits/vegetables

Meat

Other protein (nuts/lentils etc)

Other (explain)

Fruits/vegetables.

The first food I offered DS was a plum with the peel cut off! He loved it! We just offered veg and fruit firstly then went from there and within a few months he was eating everything we were eating. He's a great little eater now. I never gave him any pur?e and the only thing he ate from a spoon was yogurt and cereal.

Whatever I was eating at the time

Pretty sure it was a lick of lamb chop or a piece of toast with vegemite on it.

IM started with veg, followed closely by meat. Basically because they were easiest for the kids to feed themselves.

I did fruit/vegetables (pear with the first, broccoli with the second).

fruit/veg.

Specifically avocado and cucumber, because that's what she nabbed off my plate.

As long as its not out of a jar, your usually on a winner lol but yeah, I would say vegetables. Not fruit as such though.

I'll go with fruit/veg, as that's what I did with Liebs. Or rather, that's what Liebs did and I just had to follow suit. I did try a bit of rice cereal with him but it just got a bit too messy and monotonous, and he loves his fruit.

we did fruit/veg...I think munchng on a piece of broccolini was his very first veg, then steamed apples, pears etc..

rice and tuna was another one he enjoyed, partly smooshed in the blender.

Fruit and veg here too. For all of my kids. THis time, DS2 had first was a suck of an apple I was eating, then some avocado I was putting on my sandwich, then some pear peices. We've only started recently, and he's going great guns so far!
    For us it's the easiest option to prepare, most accessable and easy for the kids to feed themselves.

Fruit and veg.

And then whatever she stole from our plate after that

Trying to remember what DD had first, how bad that I can't remember! Think it was avocado on toast... Not sure what I will go with this time, whatevers in the cupboards! Best first food, hmm, I don't think any wholesome food is a bad option, we sort of went straight into it all pretty quick haha.

Fruit or veg. Rice cereal was IMO bland and DD disliked it alot