Thread: Yes, I started solids early ...

Default Yes, I started solids early ...

I started my son on solids at 4.5 months of age. He has now been having it for over a week. Just a bit of pumpkin and rice cereal at about 4-5pm. I will always be offering him milk first until he about 9 months of age, but my question is, can he be having 2 meals at this age??? I forget ...

His poohs are still like a breastfed baby so im guessing his solid to milk ratio at the moment is fine, so can I introduce a morning meal as well? Apples or something?? He is more than ready ... and willing Boys!!

Once I started on solids around 4-5months mine had two meals a day, breakfast and dinner once they were about 6 months I added in lunch too

I started DD about that age...wether it was too early or not I dont know! I gave her 2 meals a day, only a tiny amount though, more like a taste! Then I slowly increased it. She was fine and and very soon got the hang of it, by 6 months she could handle lumps. I guess if you think hes ready and hes taking it okay and you give offer breatmilk first should be okay!

We started solids at 5 months on paed advice - BEST thing we ever did, DS started sleeping sooooooooooooooooooooo much better and dropped a night feed immediately
    Anyhoo, started off with one meal, a week or so later had breakfast (about 8ish) and dinner (about 5ish) and about a month or so later moved to 3 meals. We just gave him fruit and veg for the first month, then added meat at 6 months

Thanks ladies for the advice! Its such a confusing time and I cant remember what i did with DD. I normally BF him then 45 minutes later give him his solid meal. Think I will do pureed apple in the mornings with rice cereal and then just veggies for tea. Hes not really a fan of the sweet stuff. I just feed him solids until he wont open his mouth for anymore. Think thats the right thing to do

Thanks for asking Nikki. I've been wanting to no to. Coopers only having one meal at dinner time atm but I think I will do the same and add a fruity one in the morning

3 of my friends started their babies at 2-3 months! I can understand 4 months but 2 months? I told them about the recommendations etc but they didn't listen