Thread: Yoghurt for babies- when to start

Default Yoghurt for babies- when to start

at what age did you start your child on yoghurt?

7 months. DD loved it and still does!!

I know lots of mum's that started around 6mths too.... I think it's fine once bubs is used to fruit and veges first...

we started it pretty soon after DS turned 6mths. he loves it! i only get the jalna natural full fat one though.

9 months, when they are allowed cheese also. (dairy)

I started DS2 on it today.... just a little... he is about 6.5 months.

We started when she was just over 6 months, we did start solids at about 5 1/2 months though. She has only had it a couple of times, and before giving it to her she had tried a few different fruits/vegetables and rice cereal. I bought the Jalna vanilla yoghurt, she has had it plain and yesterday I mixed mashed up strawberry into it, this morning it was mashed up mango. She only has it every couple of days and even then it's only a teaspoon or so.

At her 6 month checkup the MCN said she can basically eat whatever we're eating, there's no need to worry about giving them dairy, as long as it is in small quantities of course, and the only thing she isn't allowed to have is honey.

DS hates it! tried giving it to him tonight.

I tried it with DD at around 7ish months and she was not interested at all so I just let it be for a while. Just recently (10ish months) I have started offering again and she absolutely LOVES it. Maybe try again in a bit?

Star Child - try again in a few days.... its not uncommon for babies to reject foods a number of times before they develop a taste for it. Also if its straight from the fridge, bubs might not like it too cold, perhaps wait 10 minutes or so

I give DS a yoghurt with lunch every day (he tried yoghurt from 6 months) as he is such a poor milk drinker and our CYN nurse said that we could count 100ml of yoghurt as milk/diary intake!

I gave DS yogurt for the first time last night. He was 6 months old on 25 January. I gave him the Jalna full fat natural one and he seemed sort of okay with it. He was very out of sorts last night though so wasn't the best time to try it.

about 8 months i think. One of her fav things still!

8 months with DD - and she still LOVES it!