Thread: Are you a ninja too?

Default Are you a ninja too?

Crazy hands and moving head. Do they create a vice for babies while we need to feed them?

I swear dd knows that mummy has cleaned all the floor and so we need to get it back to how it was.

"Mummy, the challenge, should you choose to accept it is; try and get breakfast past the crazy combat hands that wave and change direction at any notice (oh and you cant hold both because one ALWAYS will get free), into a small slightly parted mouth while being shaken from side to side. Sometime the mouth may be blowing raspberries too. Don't even think about giving up though, I'll cry because I do actually like it and want more!"

I'm all for baby led solids. Do they make a breakfast cereal you can use your hands for though??

you can do any cereal with your hands, but it can get messy. i just do breakfast first and then we all jump in the shower.

sultana bran buds are pretty good and don't turn to mush.

or toast, pancakes, eggs, fruit....

Or put bub and breakfast in the shower wearing just a nappies

Quote Originally Posted by emmjayt View Post
    Or put bub and breakfast in the shower wearing just a nappies
    I've got a photo I treasure of DD eating weetbix and mango in the shower. She is covered in it and very happy

cold porridge...

Yes I am a ninja, because I am also usually pushing my other two to eat, making lunches and trying to scoff my own brekkie down all at the same time as dealing with the child that is never still.
    For that reason I usually give up on anything that requires a spoon for either days I am not rushing (so never) or until they can master their own spoons.
    I have a stock of frozen pikelets, grapes, cheerios (eaten dry or just damp is easiest for her), smoothies/yoghurt/fruit purees in reusable squeezie pouches in the the fridge.

I always thought people who spoonfed their kids must have been more coordinated than i, or their kids more controlled. Now i know they must just have the ninja gene.

I just used to sit the highchair on a big piece of polar fleece and wash the fleece at the end of the day.
    Give your little one their own spoon to play with (or even one for each hand) so they are less inclined to grab yours.

And whatever you do they will find an antique sultana when crawling around and it will be much much yummier than the breakfast you were just trying to get them to eat!

Default Re: Are you a ninja too?

I must just be a bad house keeper cause I dont care. my mum must cause she made (yes made as in sewed plastice and pretty border etc) a drop sheet. but I just clean up after. she still finds floor toast or floor biscuit tho and eats them.
    ive only just (in the last week) started spoon feding and thst is cause the only breakfast cereal we yave is weetbix and hard to hold onto when its all mushy

Thick porridge is very hand friendly. I used to set DD1 up in the bathroom fo eat breakfast while I showered thwn when she was done she would get a rinse.

Yep. Either a weetbix run briefly under the tap, or a thick porridge

I am not a ninja but I did think the reason people have dogs is for the post food clean up..........

It was a bit embarassing when we had visitors over, and then DD let the dog in and loudly said "This is how we clean the floor!"

I do BLS but for stuff like that I just fill up the spoon and let them pick the spoon up it's messy though but helps them develop the coordination (saying that my 2yr old still uses her hands to eat breakfast.