Thread: Asalamu alaykum sisters

Default Asalamu alaykum sisters

Asalamu alaykum sisters,

As you can see, I am a new member. I came across this site randomly, thanks to Google. I desperately wanted to become part of a discussion board for first time mothers. What attracted me most to this forum is the section for religions. As soon as I saw "Islam"- I did not hesitate. I am so excited. Do sisters mind introducing themselves to me? If you are curious about me, here is some information: I am turning 22 years old. First time mother to a beautiful baby girl, alhamdulillah, she is 3 months- this week. I am completing my final year at university, inshallah. And I am from Africa, no I cannot speak Arabic.

Aleykum Selam Girl22,

First of all welcome to BB

You will find support and great friendship here.

I am Turkish and have two children. My son is 6 and my girl is 1.

Congratulations on your little girl and well done on studying with a baby, it is hard.

Hope to see you around!

Turkish Delight,

No offence but I hate people with that mentality, sister. Anything is possible otherwise dreams could not be reached or achieved. My baby was two weeks when I sat for my first exam and two months when I sat for my second exam. The reason behind my deteremination is, I was studying before I got married. So I have this desire to finish next year mid-year, inshallah. The other reason behind is, my family highly value education and are, manshallah, very educated. I am the only one left to obtain a degree. Also, I hate the Government Benefit.

By the way, what do you do? I am interested in knowing what mothers do. Do you work and manage your role both as a mother and a wife?

Salaam alaikum, I have 2 sons. Yasin is 3 and Imran is 2.
    DH and I own our own business. I used to do a lot of work in it when we were starting off but now it's established I don't have much to do with it (I've just handed over the accounts/taxes to an accountant - yippee!!!).
    Well done on studying with a baby - I agree with TD. It is difficult so suceeding is an achievement that you should be proud of.