Thread: end of Ramadan treat

Default end of Ramadan treat

When does Ramadan end this year? My lovely neighbours are fasting ATM - they have three children and the youngest is only a few months older than Flynn so no doubt they will become mates one day. Last week my neighbour gave me a plate of delish meat pastries and I thought to return her plate I could cook her something nice in return. If Ramadan ends soon could anyone suggest something for them to eat and enjoy at Eid (is this the correct celebration after Ramadan?) They are Turkish so I am not sure whether there are traditional generic Muslim dishes I could make or whether each Muslim country has its own regional specialties....

aurora

i think it either ends on friday 12 oct or sat 13 oct. as a non muslim i also really love the end of ramadan especially in countries with large islamic communities as there is such an atmosphere of celebration.

dusty

Aurora, what a lovely idea, maybe just cook something that is one of your own specialialities.
    Just so long as it has no alcohol, pork or non-halal animal products it should be fine
    For Eid people often give children small presents so maybe just cook something the children would like - like cake lol

I ended up baking some choc chip cookies and taking them over tonight - I made sure I did it after sunset though LOL!!

yummo!

What a lovely gesture rory

Good Job Rory...

We were in Indonesia the last 3+wks, & there were many Sales to celebrate Ramadan.
    Our Muslim frienfs visioted late in the evening & brought lot's of fruit etc over to share with us!!