Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just a guy wanting to say thanks to everyone!

What a lovely update. I'm so thrilled for you both

Hey all,
    Its getting to the final count down to 12 weeks now, so bloody nervous and excited at the same time! Bring on monday! How do people that have babies naturally manage to wait to 12 weeks to have the first scan, we had the first at 6 week, then 9 weeks and then 12 week (next monday) and im desperate to see him/her again... My wife is now off the pessaries as of 10 weeks which is nice, 1 less tablet or daily procedure she needs to do. lol... Still throwing up and still really sleepy. The Ob gave her some tablets to take away some of the nauseous feeling which seems to have helped quite a lot. I cant say thanks enough for the kind wishes and thoughts i have received from so many people on here really does mean a lot. I normally keep things bottled in but just wanted to try share a positive (so far) experience on here for a lot of people that are struggling. I cant imagine how hard some people have done it and are doing it on here. We are all here wanting the same thing.
    I look forward to giving you an update next week and til then good luck everyone!

Thanks again for the update. Looking forward to the next one already....

With any luck, the tiredness should ease in the next few weeks...as for the nausea, who knows?!

*double post*

Hey everyone,
    Monday was the big day for us, i was so nervous and excited, and tried to stay calm in case something was wrong and i had to be the rock for my wife, well i can now say... Everything is perfect, our little baby is growing very quickly and is 5.9cms and looked amazing! I still cant believe the process of 6 week to 9 week to 12 week scan and how quickly they grow. We had all the tests and blood works done and we have a perfect healthy little one on the way. My wife is being monitored because of her high blood pressure (genetics) in case of Pre-eclampsia later in the pregnancy. When i saw the scan it was like a weight off our shoulders and the calmness that has now come over my wife was amazing. So we went and told family and friends over the past 2 days and the joy that we got to see in our families eyes was something that you cant put into words. When i told my dad (who has a very hard skin) he had tears in his eyes and gave me the biggest cuddle. All i could think is i hope i get to have that same bond and connection with our child that i have with my dad. I have tried to upload a photo but cant work out why it wont let me.. hummfff... The only thing that has been interesting over the past 2 days is some of our friends they asked us how long were you trying for and we said well a little while and they are good friends so my wife opened up to them that we needed assistance with ivf and they didn't quite get it, looking at us like why would you need ivf you are both healthy, active people. But you know what, i couldn't give a stuff! haha! We finally got this far and everything looks great! Our friends may not of understood but the lovely people on this site do understand and having an outlet like this site has made it so much easier for when you feel like you dont know where to turn without being judged or feeling alone!
    So i'm thinking of everyone out there and whatever stage of your journey your at... Dont Give Up!

That is fantastic. It is amazing how quickly time will pass and your little bundle will be here in no time.

Congratulations.

Default Re: Just a guy wanting to say thanks to everyone!

Hi everyone,
    Its been some time since i have posted anything but here's whats been happening, My wife and I are now coming to the final stage, we are now 34 weeks along and are so excited its not funny. We have had a few hick ups along the way but touch wood we get thru the last little bit. My wife has pre-eclampsia stemming from hereditary high blood pressure so is taking blood pressure tablets to try keep everything in check, along with aspirin and whole range of other things. She is STILL throwing up everyday and have tried every conceivable way to limit it but with no success. But she still remains so positive and just deals with it on a daily basis ,we remember the ups and downs and constant not knowing of when is it ever going to be our turn thru ivf. We don't forget this everyday, and we don't take it for granted. We have no idea what we are having but don't care either way, we are told that even though my wife has pre-eclampsia and very limited to amount she can do each day the baby is very healthy and in the 70th percentile for size. Which our ob is very happy with, he is talking about maybe inducing labour at 37 weeks so mum and bub aren't in stress. (We find out Wednesday roughly what his plan is). We are so excited its not funny, and its my bday at the end of jan so could be having the best Birthday present ever soon. Hopefully next time i post we will have a bouncing baby causing havoc.
    Til then best of luck to everyone and hope your little miracles come true.

Aww that's great!! I hope the labour goes smoothly for you all!! Congratulations!

ITS A GIRL!!!! It has been very testing the last couple of weeks but finally home with our girl. It all started on the 25th jan, my wife went in for a scan to see how everything was traveling, we found out my wifes placenta had started to fail and we were now looking at a baby in the 25th percentile. She had dropped from the 80th at 28 weeks to 60th percenile at 34 weeks and then to the 25th percentile when the last scan was done. She was admitted to hospital and the ob was trying to get as much time as possible into the bub. On the 31st of jan my wife was induced as the baby was starting to be in stress. Saturday night we had our little girl which was 1 of the happiest times in my life apart from the fact I was watching our baby girl fight for air as she had wet lungs. She was rushed away to special care nursery with my wife still not seeing her. After 5 days in special care we got to hold our little girl born at 5 pound 1 at 36 weeks. We have now been able to take our little girl home and its the most amazing feeling. So happy to have our little Anneliese Jade at home.

Congratulations.

Congratulations and awesome name

Congrats!

oh wow. i just read all your posts. just absolutely beautiful! made me teary. big congratulations on your baby girl!

Congratulations. Enjoy your time getting to know your precious girl

Thank you very much! This forum was a great support for us. And especially me with so many questions but no answers. Then you realise your not alone and if I could shed some light on our little story that might help someone else that never thinks it will be their turn for happiness that great things can happen with persistence and sticking strong with your partner.

Congratulations to you and your family

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Congrats enjoy your sweet bundle

I only just read this this thread. It's lovely! Congratulations and welcome to the world little princess Anneliese.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast