Thread: Pain and bloating after egg collection cancelling day 5 transfer?

Default Pain and bloating after egg collection cancelling day 5 transfer?

It's my first IVF cycle and I had my EC on Monday. Today is Thursday and I'm still feeling bloating and gas-like pain that comes and goes. The bloating is quite bad as I feel like the skin on my tummy is stretched to its maximum. I understand this is very normal due to the hormones from the trigger injection but will get worst once the transfer is done. My Day 5 transfer is scheduled on Saturday and my FS has advised me to continue taking Panadeine for the pain and if I still feel so bloated in the morning of the transfer, we are better off cancelling the transfer and freezing our embryos and only do the transfer after my period. The problem is how do I know if I am well enough for the transfer? I don't exactly have anything to compare to. And I hear the stories about the embryos that didn't make it when being thawed from frozen, I don't want to risk any of our precious embryos. Has anyone ever gone through with the transfer even with a super bloated tummy? How is the pain afterwards during the 2ww?

Default Re: Pain and bloating after egg collection cancelling day 5 trans

I always feel the same way after epu. A high protein diet and lots of hydration really helps- have you been doing that?

I've always had the transfer regardless, but if course one can't compare pain between people. I would say if it's bad enough to need codeine rather than just paracetamol, delay it. But that would be for me.

They can tell you if you aren't well enough. It sounds like some OHSS, which would get worse if you did get pregnant. So cancelling might be in your best interests. Just try to rest, lots of Gatorade or powerade to get the electrolytes into you and you will know more tomorrow. It's just a whole load of waiting Xox good luck!

Ps. I had OHSS after one of my cycles, I had a transfer and my belly was quite painful, I struggled with breathing and my tummy bloated so I looked six months pregnant. It felt awful. But it wasn't as bad as some ladies, who end up in hospital and they have to aspirate the fluid out of them. I did get pregnant after that cycle, but miscarried unfortunately. The MC was unrelated to the OHSS, it was most likely an abnormal embryo.

Did you have your transfer today? OHSS can be quite serious, I nearly had a cycle cancelled due to it because of how serious it could be when your hormones spike when you get pregnant. Good luck! Hope it worked out for you

Quote Originally Posted by miss kris View Post
    Did you have your transfer today? OHSS can be quite serious, I nearly had a cycle cancelled due to it because of how serious it could be when your hormones spike when you get pregnant. Good luck! Hope it worked out for you
    So we decided to cancel the transfer. I was feeling much better in the morning of the transfer, not 100% but I guess the excitement kinda gave me the strength! we almost did it but cancelled at the last minute when I told my FS that I'll be travelling around the US for a whole month in about a month and a half's time. He advised us against the transfer just in case I have complications with the pregnancy (if successful).

He reassured us that frozen is as good as fresh transfer and that the embryos will make it through the thawing process 99% of the time. He says some studies suggest frozen has better chance than fresh transfer. He rather we wait than take the risk. So my long awaited dream has got to be delayed for another 2 more months. At least we have 2 embryos frozen, that is hopefully 2 good chance.

Wishing baby dust to everyone!

Btw I still feel some bloating today even after stopping Crinone. It's so uncomfortable after a meal. My FS says it'll subside once AF comes. I have never been looking forward to AF so much till now.

It sounds like a sensible decision! Best of luck with your tf when you do it.

Good choice! With a frozen transfer your body won't be under as much stress from the hormones and retrieval as well. Enjoy your holiday, relax and come back mentally and physically ready to carry this frosty to term! Good luck!