Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: the art of crochet

Oh, I like that idea! Shall start an album on here when I get home.

Are you trying the other patterns, not just the afghan squares?

Im competent it making stuff without a pattern lol like DD's granny square blanket and beanies and berets but when it comes to reading the patterns i have noooooo clue.

Ill try again and ask you for advice because i gave up reading the patterns LOL

granny square i can just about do with my eyes closed these days, trying new things i always get confused and end up ringing my mum to get her to talk it through with me over the phone and we both try to do the stitch/pattern, i'd just go visit my mum but it's a bit hard when she's 3hrs away.

:bumping: I have the crotchet bug....

I stuffed up the pink and yellow diagonal one dammit Gonna keep it as it is coz it doesn't look bad, its just like a corner instead of half. Still getting around to creating a FB album with the squares.

Where is everyone up to?

So, where is everyone up to? I finally bought a wool embroidery needle, and have caught up on all the embroidery work for the first 16 issues. Except for issue 14 or 15, with the person. That looks far too hard!

I've just received issues 35-39, so another 6 or so months and I'll be caught up. I'm really proud of what I've managed to do so far actually, and I can't wait for it to be finished!

Sounds like you're doing awesomely!!!!

Is it going to be a blanket or something in the end?
    (Sorry for my silly question. I haven't gotten any of them. Just sounds interesting.)

I just finished making myself a scarf from a pattern I found online. It's super warm and I think it's pretty ( I'm bias though, I think)

Yeah, every issue gives you wool and a pattern for a new square. Once you finish the issues, they teach you how to join all the squares together and make an afghan! It's really awesome, I only taught myself how to crochet so I only knew the basics. This is great for teaching. If you google 'art of crochet' you can see what we're talking about

Ooh, knit or crochet for your scarf? Hold that thought, I'll start a new thread so this one doesn't get off track

New thread here
    Last edited by Bumperstump Cummerbund; June 8th, 2011 at 04:32 PM.

I still havent started any of the squares i just finished sorting out all the pages into the different sections in the folders, trying to finish a granny square blanket i started sometime ago now but have only just picked up crocheting again since i dont crochet in the warmer months.

I've started a crafty album with my pics in it here if anyone's interested

So far I've numbered the balls of yarn with the number of the issue it came from. LOL. I haven't even started the squares, too busy doing craft swaps on a craft forum.
    I have every intention of starting them this Saturday.

Oh that's an awesome idea Daydream, I didn't think of that! I've just been using the one that looks closest to the pic, lol

I was saying to Professor the other day that I'd love a knitting mag just like this, and lo and behold, the next day - The Art of Knitting ad on TV! Shame I've got no money

Does anyone know how many issues there are of this? I suppose I could look it up but Im being lazy lol.

I love your knitted scarf Keike I get lost with the fluffy fabrics.

I havent done as many of the projects that I want to mainly due to time constraints. So far Ive done the booties (times 3 pairs lol), the baby blanket, the beaded bag, and One of the hats, Ive also done a lot of the squares but then started putting them away with numbers on the wool too as Ive run out of time.

I haven't started yet as I still have some other projects to finish first. But they're doing the knitting one again? Uh-oh do I dare?

No, I haven't done any of the projects yet. I was originally planning to make the squares as each issue came out, but it's taking too long! So I'm gonna put them aside and wait til I've got them all. I've got a few personal projects on the go, but then I definitely wanna start some of the projects.

There's 120 issues BlackCat - and also, you look gorgeous!

I know Hannah! I would learn so much more with the knitting one, as I only barely know how to knit. I want it so bad!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123